A little insight into MupahCorp's spread

{{EDIT_Now posting videos to youtube, please head over there and give it a follow}}
MUPAHCORP NEW!!

Hello all,

I have been manufacturing for a while now and you may remember me from an earlier thread calling for investment in MD. This was a fair while ago now and am proud that everyone that invested received their agreed-upon return.

I created this topic to show how I like to manufacture and to also present some of my workbook such that newbros and oldbros might get inspired to reiterate and reinvigorate their own industrial solutions. When I become more proficient with python I will migrate what I currently do in Excel to an application, but that’s a long way off.

I manufacture t2 ships, I manufacture all the componentry in house and all blueprints.

(this is a mini look at the ship manufacture line)

The first image is a dashboard detailing all aspects of a manufacturing operation from stock levels of components to stock levels of post-reaction materials. You can also see from a glance which items are low, what is currently in production and also how much “material” is currently in transit to my main factory station.

The pivot tables on the left present the user with a quick way of creating a shopping list or a work order as per the parameters above the table. (Set the desired stock level, produce TO a level, produce only when AT a level)

Note of course that this dashboard is dynamic and ever changing depending on what jobs are currently in production, planned and the current withdrawals requested.

The other images are just some of the worksheets that go into the smooth running of the operation to provide job tracking and stock levels.

If you would like to see more or have any questions, please feel free to ask; I would be happy to help others along with their own projects.

MupahCorp

4 Likes

Hey, I would be interested to see more.

1 Like

There is a whole lot to it, any elements in particular that you would like to know about Reileen?

Thanks for the interest.

I used to use my own spreadsheet many moons ago to manufacture T3 subsystems and rigs but it wasn’t as good as yours. I am a buyer by trade so anything like this gets my interest. Would you be up for sharing some of it and of course I don’t mind compensating you.

As someone who’s been working on his own tools and has used other tools (both spreadsheets and tools like IPH) there’s nothing really surprising to me here; it’s a clean spreadsheet that’s obviously had a lot of time put into it.

I only have one question though. You seem to be the only industrialist i’ve ever heard of keeping a stockpile of T2 components for builds. Is there any particular reason for building your components ahead of time? I don’t do much T2 production, but when i do i build the components only shortly before the T2 things, and from what i’ve heard most industrialists do exactly that as well.

It comes down to one’s overall mission I guess, mine being market saturation.

I specified to myself a while ago that I want to have 1 of every t2 ship in the market at a competitive price at any one time. In the case of t2 frigates I am currently running around 5 of each and 2 of each t2 destroyer.

I keep stock on hand so that upon my objective not being met, the time it takes to re-enter the market is only that of constructing the ship and not that of importing, bp creation + component construction + ship construction.

Further example would be OK all my claws and helii have sold out. I need to get back into those markets. With stock on hand, I can jump straight back in there within a day or two deploying renewed and increased capital. If there is no markets sold out in the frigate tier then I can begin saturation of the next tier, frigates to dessies to cruisers and so on with t2 industrial falling around cruisers (industrial moves faster). Stock on hand is not stagnant as the mission is not complete, when I have one of everything being sold, then I will only need enough stock on hand ready to fill the gaps. Which in itself is still a lot of stock, imagine needing enough componentry on hand to replenish selling a few marauders a week. An analogy would be to imagine going to a bar and seeing the bottles behind them and asking the bartender, “Why do you keep that liquor there?”. I am glad you asked though.

Note also the units parameter on the dashboard where I can adjust overall desired levels dependant upon overall capital/cashflow. I currently run at 3 units in componentry and 4 units in post-reaction materials but I will have to talk about units in another post. “Units” provide the scalability of my project.

If you have any follow ups please feel free as I can show some examples when I get home from work.

1 Like

That’s a heck of a spreadsheet- thanks for sharing!

What I would be really interested in knowing is the process you went through to create it- what were you trying to achieve, what elements did you create in what order, did you have to go back and change the design/layout, etc.

Hi Leah,

Everything about the spreadsheeting operation is directed toward achieving one number, cost per item.

Remembering that informs all further development. Progress then becomes quite natural should you be grounded enough to return to the mission and evaluate the features that deserve your investment.

I find it difficult to articulate succinctly the entire project as there are many moving parts. So to direct conversation let’s look at the elements that make up the cost per item on a tech2 job. Which of the following three elements would you like to know more about Leah?

Freight
Bpc costing
Job identification and tracking
Can talk about other elements later.

Thanks for the response- to pick one item to start with, I’d love to start with the BPC Costing.

One of the things that is driving my question is the overall architecture of the sheet. I’ve started building a few spreadsheets for managing my industry and have had a few false-starts where I’ve decided to start a certain section over. One of the things that really interests me about what you have done here is how you have managed the process of building, maintaining, and modifying this.

I totally get that this is probably a difficult thing to summarize, so I really appreciate any discussion on what you’ve done here :slight_smile:

Awesome,

Let me give you a brief overview of the architecture so you can see where the science arm fits.

Architecture

My science worksheet is where I keep track of every job but before starting a job I check my manufacturing dashboard to see what needs to be researched. As you can see in the research columns I have all the required bpcs ready to produce everything before battlecruisers. Note that a ship that does not have the required bpc will not show up in the manufacture column to save confusion.

ManufactureDash

ScienceTrak

You can help yourself along with conditional formatting. Orange text signifies that that job has not yet been logged. Yellow text signifies that those cells need to be “changed to values” so as to lock in the particulars of the job. Below is a small snippet of the science log from which I can easily call up bpcosts when entering new ship jobs for manufacture.

ScienceLog

Here’s a look at how I organise my hangar to gain clarity.
HangarManagement

To help you connect the dots here is the Cryptsandcores warehouse where I clean and paste all purchase data every time I do a crypt shop.

CryptsandCores

Note the scalable nature here; regardless of whether I do a big shop or a small shop spending millions or billions, the number of inputs does not change. A frigate job or a marauder job, the only thing holding me back is liquid capital. A system which lets you deploy that capital is important, I don’t like waiting to build some high cost ship when I can get the same return from 20 small ones.

So when moving forward with your own projects do try and create something that works for one thing the same way it works for many.

I think that’s enough for now but I will leave you with the unhidden columns version of the science sheet to see if you can make some connections on how it works. There is a lot of data yes, but understand that all I input is the ship info, how many runs I want to do, which decryptor I want to use and a one in the cells corresponding to start of job and finish.

ScienceBare

Happy spreading,
Mupah Corp.

Hey Reileen,

What are you looking for exactly and how can I help? If you would prefer to shoot me an in-game mail you can do that too.

Mindblown.
I am a newbro with the aim to start manufacturing, so this is really overwhelming. But I can get at least some insight what to track. Thanks.

1 Like

Give me a yell if you encounter any issues :nerd_face:

How do you import data into it? Some are done via manual input, but how about market data? Do you copy your wallet transactions into it and then parse it?

As for purchase data the way I do it is go to transactions, press and hold shift and click the transactions you wish to copy, once they are highlighted press ctrl + c. That information is then ready to post to your spreadsheet.

Once it is in your spreadsheet it is workable, I personally have a macro that cleans that data, ie removes the “ISK” and the “-”. From there, that purchase data is imported to your warehouse, in my case check the image of the crypts and cores warehouse. While this sounds cumbersome, understand that you only need to do this process when stocks are low, once a week or once a day dependent on turnover.

Simply put the actions are as follows
-copy from Eve client
-paste to intermediary worksheet template to clean data
-paste clean purchase info to warehouse
-clear intermediary ready for new data.

You can also use ESI to pull transaction history but the RoI on setting this up just doesn’t exist for me. I do however use ESI to pull current market orders, very simply put I can then make calls like.

If currentSelling > 0 than show nothing else if currentSelling = 0 and bpcsInWarehouse > 0 than show “to build” else show “to research”.

As for market data, I don’t need to pull anything. I make very cheap products and set desired sell price to include taxes and pure profit margin. 14% is normally safe to cover sales tax and 9-10% profit. All final cost per items are recorded and can be called upon when updating market orders.

My recommendation to a newbro would be to start with just one level, and just one market.
I.e.
Market = gallente t2 frigates level = components and bpc.

Do a small thing well and then scaling is easy.

If you have any other questions, I’d love to help, the more precise the better.

1 Like

Hi all, any questions about things you see on the new Youtube channel please feel free to ask me here or in-game or on Youtube.

Many loves much Mupah
:kissing:

2 Likes

as i guy trying to get into industry this seems super daunting… but also super awsome xD u should really consider selling these :stuck_out_tongue:

heck id take a copy mostly cuz i cant excell for crap. tried once for 8h to build a simple thing for trading but gave up in frustation with crest…

ig ur interested in sharing it… or some manufacture tips overall… or mentoring some guy that keeps trainning industry alts withouth having any clue whatsoever… im ur guy xD

You are in luck my friend, the goal of the channel moving forward is not just to explain my own operation, but address the elements that go into it such that you can make your own.
You can help me though by answering this: Where do you get stuck? For example what is the very first hurdle that topples your industrial dream when it comes to excel??

Looking forward to your response.

MupahOut

1 Like

at the time i struggled with with finding the the API commands that i would have to write in the cells… so i ended up just beeing able to import basic prices… I also was looking for way to get the Item Ids sorted and organized by market category… this is when i totaly gave up xD

EDIT.: see what u have done? now im again messing with spreadsheets and loosing my mind trying to do forumas and just hackings my way thrugh to try to do something :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2: im trying to make a custom filter function (to use of the Filter option of a column to ignore a couple of words but i cant for the like of me make it work… 3 hours at this xD

1 Like

So, the one thing that might help is maybe a basic video on setting up a worksheet with itemID’s so that you can use it for other things?

1 Like