A player market

Yes, you are. You want a guarantee that when you don’t get what you want you can hit the exit button (“Can I say No?”). You want a guarantee for it. You also want a guarantee for people working for you.

I’m not making a hypothetical suggestion. It’s an actual suggestion and when you want to discuss it then, please, get real.

No. If that was true then nobody would be recruiting anybody, because you can already enter into a corp and then decide not to work.

Get real with your arguments and then you won’t need to be sorry afterwards. Until then are we not having a real discussion, Solstice. You’re only giving me all the things you fear that could happen without realizing that these are your fears and part of the player market is for you to face them. You then don’t want to face change? That’s fine. So you don’t put yourself onto the player market.

Okay.

We were talking about someone being sold against his will.

Right?

Please go through the whole process, step by step, so it actually starts making sense.

1 Like

Nobody is being sold against their will here. I’ve pointed out several times that you decide if you want to go onto the market or not.

It may only be that in a few circumstances your CEO wants to kick you (for whatever reason) and so you two can negotiate a situation where you’re not simply being kicked, but where both of you agree to sell you to another corp.

It is then your corporation, which you are currently in, who sets the price. Or think of it this way… Your corp could put a bid up for you, too, to drive the price up or to stop a player from leaving who the corp wishes to keep. To avoid this from the start does your corp get to set the price.

From what I know about real life player trades do the players themselves, who change clubs, get a bonus, i.e. a percentage of the transfer sum. This may be something one could add at a later time.

With that said, how much different is it if you actually were being sold against your will compared to being kicked back into a NPC corp full of noobs, trolls, alts and homeless bitter vets? …

… I suggest being in a player corp first, then going to npc corp. Then you would know it is absolutely not the same thing at all. In the vast majority of corps you are not a random anonymous who just hangs around, because they simply are too small.

Usually there is a point for one’s existence in a player corp, otherwise one would not be in them in the first place. EVE rarely is “i like to stab things.”, “Hey, us too! Welcome aboard!”.

I opt out now, because I fail to communicate the primary issue anyway. vOv

This is why it makes sense to have more options than just being kicked or to leave.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.