I would like to introduce a new feature called “Clubs” (name of course could be changed if too cheesy)
The main idea is to make public entities outside of corps / alliances more intractable. These entities would be groups such as NPSI pvp fleets, streamer groups, public incursion or mining groups etc. The reason that a club could be more beneficial would be due to fleet adverts and organization. Both Players and corporations could join clubs (which means we would allow us to even have clubs for coalitions). Clubs are Not a replacement of Corps, this means you will still need to be in a NPC or player corp
Clubs would be able to:
- Have a tax (as there has been some confusion, this would be on top of any tax the member’s corp already gathers. So, if a player in an NPC corp joins a club with 4%. Then they would be taxed 15% (11 for NPC corp and 4 for the club).
- Have a logo (either similar to corp or if they are large enough, similar to custom alliance ones)
- Be “blued”, “red” to corps, clubs, etc (allowing access to fleet adverts)
- Be managed (such as restricting access, so inclusive or invite only clubs can be as well)
- Set join access to automatic approval or requires approval
Clubs would not be able to:
- Deploy and/or Own Structures (this should be limited to corp/alliances)
- Declare / Be Declared War (Against)
After discussing with some friends the following are also thoughts that could be added:
- Club Fittings? (would rather see Alliance fittings first if anything though)
- Message Board (similar to a corp’s bulletin board. This would be good as there is only so much that you can add to a chat channel motd before it looks bad).
- Ability to select a public channel as the official channel (setting up would be similar to the recruitment advert selection of a recruitment channel).
What do you think? Is there something that I may have missed (especially one that could be abused)?