A Provocative Suggestion

Idk ive not given it a chance.

@Anthony_FatTony_Amico lemme know how it is

I caught a break today and had some time for myself. I downloaded it only to get called away before I could finish the tutorial.

At this point, all I can do is start false acct’s using forum troll names like I do for websites.

@Anthony_FatTony_Amico Let us know pls. I was looking at Skull and Bones, but hey, this sounds better.

1 Like

Brilliant!

Can we make it December 2nd ? Got something planned on the 1st.

@Geo_Eclipse_Oksaras @MB_ThePhotographer

I did some quick research on this game. I played these types of MMORPG games before just recently about 2 months ago.

I knew I seen this game before on an ad and it perplexed me.

I am a very particular person when it comes to when I download/not download. This is a game where everything is done in real time. There are paywalls regarding nation selection and other mechanics I found via google research. You can also buy cards to speed up and manipulate the time it takes to do things. For this reason Starborne doesn’t pass my personal smell test. Yes I know I reference two reddit posts. Seen some youtube and just went down the history of the game. I will wait for something better to come out. I don’t want to digress from this thread so I will stop here.

I do want to note they are in a niche market with 4x MMORPG. There is really no solid 4x MMORPG that is set in space. Outscape was one such startup who wanted to build a single persistent server. Where everyone can build their own empire in space. Literally like an MMO version of Stellaris. We don’t have 4x MMOs set in space and I have been following this space from early on when Outscape (Beyond Dark at first) Long story short game shut down due to mismanagement/no money.

It’s why I am here. EVE fills many voids and is literally the only established space MMO that checks a lot of my boxes.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

Ty for that. Now we can get back on subject lol

1 Like

From the small amount I got to try, it didn’t look like what I was after. I’m going to have to assume Skull and Bones will be the same type of gameplay. Meh, I don’t have time for eve, never mind learning a new game.

2 Likes

Even so I think that quite some of your (!) suggestions are not mine, I agree. It would be a good idea to show CCP where the Hammer really hangs. Without our RL Money, they are dead.

But it’s we who are dead. They can always get new jobs. We will never get a new eve.

If you lose stuff, it’s almost always your fault. Really, only yours.

I didn’t lose anything? Your point?

Very ture. A core tent.

Well then, speaking as a relative noob I can’t see what the problem is. I’m still discovering new content every day. I don’t care about P2W…as nobody really ‘wins’ Eve anyway. And why would I care if someone wastes 1bn ISK to shorten their skills queue by 9 days or whatever ? I suspect that’s the case for most people under 2 - 3 years old, an attitude of ‘what’s all the fuss about ?’. Most of us don’t remember any golden age…and I do wonder if it was even as golden as some make out, and not somewhat rose tinted.

1 Like

I see your point and agree. New players will never know the shakes as much as bov’s simply because there was no play to win back then. Lose your acct for botting was a big setback. Today, just plex. Just an example.

From what I understand, people in the past were able to sweep entire asteroid belts clean with a single Rorqual…generating huge amounts. That was the cause of the resultant scarcity whose effects still exist today. But if people were able to make ISK much more easily in the past then it follows there was less demand for PLEX selling. These days it is simply not worth sitting in a barge for hours on end. I still mine a bit…but mainly I buy PLEX and convert to ISK, and I have zero qualms about it.

Vets don’t seem to like that, but then surely the solution is to make the grind for ISK more profitable. People will do whatever they have to do to play the game. A lot of the things complained about are not so much a case of people ‘winning’ as of just surviving…scraping through, with less time available for grind as there are so many other demands on life.

Your new, It was not always that way.

Edit; You seem to be doing well for a new player!

Before you strike, can I have your stuff?

I would love to see such strike, let me save some money for a few station bashes… the strike should be 9 days ok

2 Likes

As long as you knew the right people to get into that situation, something thats never changed.