A solution to the Maleatu Shakor problem (and other leadership woes)

I didn’t realise I was being so subtle.

It’s ironic that a mere, what, 16 days after leaving Aegis you’re telling other people to spend less time with Amarr.

1 Like

I do not agree much with Cain Aloga politically - but here I do agree.

The suggestion that we break down the Republic into seven tribes is suicide, and given the way the military reclaiming is on the rise again in the Empire, it won’t even be a slow suicide.

Whatever my personal feelings of recent events, we cannot afford a civil war. The Republic is, first and foremost, a mutual defense pact, and it absolutely needs to hold.

Never again another Long Night.

11 Likes

In fairness, Kala, he did kind of leave in a dramatic way.

Well, I’d say you’ve got the wrong take, but I suppose I wasn’t being straightforward enough. Shakor isn’t the root of the problem, really, but everything personifies in him and he is a part of the problem. A nation and tiitle birthed with mass murder - and from what we could tell, indiscriminate labeling of the victims as “collaborators with the enemy”, is not something to be proud of.

If I were an conspiracy theorist, I might say that since Shakor couldn’t beat Midular in a democratic vote, he made sure he’d win by removing all other candidates, including the Ray. Of course her he couldn’t kill, people would not forgive murdering the Ray of Matar, no matter how much mud she was dragged through at the time.

Secondly, you speak of strength he and the council have brought to the Republic. Would you happen to mean the Pendulum Wars that slowly bleed the Republic’s military resources? The Council’s sycophancy and kowtowing to Shakor, despite him being as much of, if not worse of an “appeaser” than Midular ever was? The Tribal Republic sure looks strong. But it’s foundations are laid in blood. And poor foundations will shatter before long.

Granted, there is one strength, one good thing to come out of all this, even if, in my opinion, it has been directed poorly - Tribal unity truly has prospered for the past ten years, at least for the larger Tribes. Nefantar and Starkmanir are still more often than not cowed into silence.

Lastly, screw you, I like my tea.

2 Likes

This, in time. But…

For now, this.

Between the Republic as it is and a bunch of freshly reconquered Imperial provinces with martial law and ■■■■ I’d very much choose the Republic.

1 Like

And you think that detracts value to what I am saying? in what warped reality do you live in where those with experience are less qualified? Would you like to list your own experiance, perhaps showing me that you are a better authority in the matter.

Yes. I worked for Aegis Militia. As soon as I was able, I left Aegis Militia. I follow what I preach Kala. Do you?

Not at all. It is rather amusing though.

Preaching isn’t really my style. I wonder where you might have picked that up though?

1 Like

No, you just blow hot air while actively flying against Republic interests.

Now that’s an interesting choice of phrase. I’d love to know what I’ve done “actively against the Republic”.

Distracted impressionable young people from their work, by starring in that holo series.

Your affiliations with the Cartel is known, and have you not, in the past also worked alongside Amarr loyalists actively against Matari forces? At least when I was flying for AM, I was shooting at other Amarr forces. Not once did I ever turn my guns against the Republic.

I have yet to hear of a single instance of any action that you have done to benefit the tribes. As Elsebeth has said a few posts back, there is little that we agree on politically, however there is no denying her loyalty.

You on the other hand are nothing but pirate.

1 Like

Really?
A silly assasination?..
And do you truly believe it will solve some problems?

I have way easier option, that will make life in whole New Eden better:
COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER TO AMARR EMPIRE.

The Amarr asked for our Surrender? What are you ranting about? Another comment from a Amarr pet.

I don’t believe she understands that what she’s recommending is akin to telling the caldari that their only option is to submit to federal authority. Neither ideas are even close to being rational ideas. She simply has never put forth the effort to understand the similarities between our fights.

Yes Diana Kim I am saying this for a reaction, I’m sure I’ll get one as well. Just understand that if our fights weren’t so similar I would have never proudly wore a state protectorate uniform and fought to help defend what is right. It is my personal opinion that if you actively tried to view our struggle instead of simply relying on the (dis)information spoon fed to you you would see similarities much as I have.

1 Like

I think for her it’s a matter of loyalty, Deitra. She seems to see her role as that of a soldier: not to question, but to act when called.

The State and Empire are friends. Functionally that’s the end of it for her.

Rude, typical for a minmatar.

And no, I believe they haven’t… yet.
It would be just a honorable deed considering what the Republic has committed against the Empire, starting with the Elder invasion. Well, provided that there are at least someone in the Republic who is capable of understanding the concept of honor…

I definitely hear what your saying on that. I also know I’m a warrior of the Republic. On paper my Ally is the Federation, but to be a good ally one must call out the wrongs of your friends, or what kind of friend are you? For one to fight for what is just one must be willing to stand up against the wrongs in the cluster, no matter who and by any means necessary. I do honestly feel it is beneath her to blindly follow and not question. It shows a lack of situational awareness that I find hard to believe she lacks. If I didn’t respect her, trust me I’d let her live the fantasy she has been prescribed without saying a word. I do believe she’s better than that and surpasses myself on many things, it’s just a little surprising she seemingly lacks the desire to know the finer details of a conflict and simply settle for tunnel vision in this regard. I know I shouldn’t be surprised but I guess I’m a little bit of an optimist.

For someone who’s not at peace with the world, some things are easier, even better, not to see-- and so go unseen. Teinyhr seems to think I function that way, too. Maybe sometimes I do. Maybe sometimes everyone does.

I don’t believe you do, though I would say i think you get blinded at times. How can you fight a strategic war without situational awareness? The cluster seems rather far from being in a state of total war. Even if it’s easier how exactly can one expect to function well in such a way? Nevermind navigating the moral gray areas surrounding most conflicts today? I’ll admit it does perplex me how she can.

I should get that as a sticker for my Dramiel