A solution to the Maleatu Shakor problem (and other leadership woes)

Commander, I have asked you in the past to refrain from these broad, racist insults against my people. And I have demonstrated to you, in person, that I am well-acquainted with the concept of honor. I do not appreciate you slandering me and mine in this way. Please, stop. Continuing to generalize in this manner and insult billions of people who have done nothing to offend you is behavior I would like to believe beneath the dignity of a Caldari officer.

As Samira’s indicated, political leadership is most often only able, at best, to get out of the economy’s way. Meddling has a tendency to cause problems. And Cain also has the right of it: There are layers upon layers of bureaucracies within each of the Tribes dedicated to crafting the economic policies of that Tribe. In aggregate, the Council can direct allocation of national funds and resources, but the Sanmatar himself—even now—cannot enact economic policy. The emergency powers he has been given concern military and security mobilization, but so far as I can tell, they do not extend to actually altering the Tribes’ economic foci.

More importantly, though, the Republic’s economy is booming in large part because long-term efforts within each of the Tribes have continued to prove their worth. Infrastructure efforts begun in the early days of the Republic continue to demonstrate their benefits. Technical improvement—as evidenced by the continued update of older hulls like the Tempest and Stabber—continues to build upon itself.

Really, if there’s anything that can be pointed to as Shakor’s respnsibility… it would probably have to be that Federal aid is no longer being illegally diverted from the Republic into the shipyards of a secret, would-be shadow government in order to build a number of assault fleets, complete with fully-duplicated logistics, training, and command-and-control capabilities.

And yes, that’s basically me saying 'it almost certainly would have gotten better sooner, faster, if Shakor hadn’t been effectively embezzling trillions of ISK for the Elder Fleets. Sure, the ships probably would have cost the same amount to build, but everything surrounding the construction of the ships… supply lines, crew training, strategic command… duplicating all of that in secret wasted more or less every single 0.01 ISK spent on it.

That said, Cain’s completely full of crap if he thinks the Elder Fleets liberated enough ‘educated and Skilled’ workers to be much of a contributing factor—and he’s pretty solidly insulting everyone who lived in the Republic a dozen years ago if he thinks we only got a ‘Skilled workforce’ after Shakor took over.

Pretty much every human being in any position of authority deserves it. Don’t delude yourself.

Congratulations, you’ve just answered your own question by describing exactly the purpose of the Republic government. Seriously. That’s what it’s for. That’s why the Tribes are all sovereign in their internal affairs, and the Republic only has jurisdiction in matters that impact the whole: the Republic is the alliance of the Tribes against common threats and challenges.

That’s all it is.

Our society, as Elsebeth points out, is interwoven between the Tribes, but our capabilities for responding to crises and challenges often aren’t—below the level of the Republic. That’s what it’s there for: to sort our the crap where we overlap, and marshal and organize our collective efforts.

Midular died because of a Gallente assassin well after she left office. There is exactly as much hard evidence that she died because Shakor felt she was more valuable as a dead symbol than a living politician as their is that she died because of her failure to solve intractable issues. What we can say for sure is that she died because her body had a sudden and extremely fatal allergic reaction to high-velocity munitions.

2 Likes

What if your Chief is dead and replaced by a regime-supporting puppet who rarely bothers to open her mouth in public and does not even have the guts to vote against a proposal instead of abstaining when she knows she should?

2 Likes

Oh… please excuse me! It’s just certain people are like… and they… and then…

They are irrelevant.

If a man steals from you, that does not give you license to steal from someone else. If you find baseless insults to be slanderous, then you should not engage in them. This is true when no-one has insulted you, and it remains true even when you feel yourself insulted. If you have an issue with Macsliebh, kindly confine your venom to him.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree.

Well, until he was given the emergency powers, he was mainly the person who represented the Republic to the other world powers with very limited power in any other sense. Now he more or less controls information, security and military of the entire Republic.

Didn’t claim otherwise.

If you’re only thinking of the single-candidate election, obviously what you say is true. He still would’ve had political rivals that might’ve looked into re-establishing the former Republic, even Midular herself possibly in the far future, but luckily for him that situation resolved itself.

Damn those high-velocity ‘food’ allergies.

1 Like

Well, than I would say that is an internal issue that should be handled by your tribe. It is no place for me, a Brutor, to tell the entire Sebiestor Tribe how to deal with their internal disputes.

I don’t know, does not strike me as any worse than Thukker assassins killing our disputable people?

Are you inviting me to opine on the internal affairs of your tribe?

Not particularly. Just saying it makes me mad that when it is about actual problems in the system you lot hide behind “not my problem if you have a problem, talk to your chief”, but when you want to get rid of someone you do not shy away from murder.

1 Like

And what response would you have liked Elsebeth? I have no control over who your Chief is. Being unhappy with her is not something I or any one outside of your Tribe can do anything about.

Why do so many insist on tearing down what has been built? We can rant and rave endlessly over how “blood soaked” our Tribal Republic is, but I have news for you all, we have always been soaked in blood. Our Republic was born of violence, of active rebellion. The blood of the Amarr that tried to suppress us even now forms the mortar of the foundations of which the Tribes grow. This was no different under the the Ray of Matar, whose government was full of traitors and collaborators that would sell their own people out to the Great enemy. Their blood now mixes with their former masters.

Need I remind you all of the THREAT we all face? The Amarr are reorganizing at the border, intent on reclaiming the “rebel provinces”. The spirits of war are growing, and the winds follow them. All this internal bickering does nothing but divide us, make us grow weary of each other, while the evil spirit they follow grins. They see disunity, weakened tribes. No doubt the likes of PIE and LUMEN are loving this thread as we tear each other apart.

I cannot change the past, nor can any one else. How about instead of moaning about the past we focus on what lies ahead of us. The Tribes today are stronger than they were since we gained our liberation. We can argue over why that is all day if you want, but let us work together, as Seven Tribes to improve the lives of all Matari, regardless of where they live. To Free our people still inslaved, and give hope to those that had seen none in the past.

We are Seven kin. We might not always agree with one another, but at the end we are still the kin.

2 Likes

Source needed.

3 Likes

I can’t speak for the rest of LUMEN, but personally it’s more along the lines of casual interest in what’s happening on the other side of the border mixed with a mild sense of vindication regarding my opposition to the violent disruption of any legitimate government. I have some friends in the Republic and if you people start killing each other to fix your political problems, I would be alarmed and worried for their safety.

2 Likes

It’s hard to fit enough hours in the day to be every bogeyman’s supposed best friend, especially such diverse bogeymen, but we seem to be managing.

2 Likes

So you are basically equating executing our own without due process with killing the Enemy in a war?

And then you ask this:

The government of Prime Minister Karin Midular was full of traitors and collaborators that not only would sell out their own people to the enemy, they in fact did sell out our people to the Amarr Empire under the Karsoth regime. Their corruption knew no limits and they all merited their fates. To the last one of them.

I ought to know, I took part in gathering the intelligence on their activities as part of the resistance network against corruption and treachery across the collaborationist parliamentary republic. Even Karin Midular, may her spirit ever rest on the Mikramurka, came to know the truth of how far her ideals had been undermined by the traitors in our midst.

I for one am proud of my role in bringing that second dark night to a much shorter conclusion than would have been possible if those loyal to the tribes had not acted to end it.

I am also deeply disturbed by the extent to which capsuleers who call themselves “Matari”, and beat their chests over loyalty and the survival of the tribes, are willing to stand alongside the Amarr and call for the assassination of the Sanmatar and the destruction of our Tribal Council.

Matar Planetary Security and the Republic Security Services have taken note of the capsuleers involved in the promotion of Amarr propaganda, radical Gallentean anarchist terror and a call for the overthrow of the traditions and laws of the Seven Tribes of Minmatar.

Disturbing and shameful as this all is, we are also disturbed by reports elsewhere of collaboration between Amarr and Minmatar militia forces. Perhaps something will have to be done to cut out the rot and cauterize the wound. Once again.

Kril Efrit

Matar Planetary Security

4 Likes

There’s a lot of disturbing plotting going on these days Mr. Efrit.

I would suggest anybody within the Republic who has openly derided, denounced, or otherwise insulted Shakor’s regime, if they have not done so already, gets their go-bag ready.

And don’t answer the door.

Ayup, I bet you know all about go-bags, the number of times you’ve turned your coat, missy.

Packing a go-bag and jumping at knocks on the door are the least of the worries some of you lot and, ah, your kith and kin will have, I reckon.

Hey! I might even get some more work out of this! Hey and you know what? If some of the guys up in here who actually are defending Ol’ White Eyes are up for working a deal on some of these collaborators, maybe that’ll work too! Some of them seem like good lads to me.

Not like old vinegar lips, the mudlark, and this daft bint from the Maraghdasi Col. Bit silly her, I mean, I know some people out that way of space and, yeah, not sure the folks back home are going to thank her for this. Is it the rainy season over on that rock? I forget, I’ll sort out something if the work comes in.

Aye, be real nice to put in a bit more to the Seykal Clan city-ship fund! It’s pretty healthy, we had a nice bit of income injection not so long ago, but we can always use some more. Maybe upgrade the surface raider wings. So much wear and tear, you wouldn’t believe.

Anyway, toodles.

Sesli

xoxox

1 Like