A way to assist TiDi (for citadel battles at least)

Hmm okay, novice plexes it is.

As a mechanic for controlling said sites, I’d totally be on board with that. I’d rather avoid the “gated” aspects as I think that for a citadel bash, capitals should have an important role there. But the idea of the way a plex works inside the deadspace pocket, yea.

1 Like

While I admit that implementing mechanics that limit or pressure the players from entering a system may be anti-sandbox, system crashes and unplayability due to unmanageable traffic and lag is even more so.

At the end of the day, while Eve is a sandbox game environment, it is still a structure of rules, mechanics, and many un-alterable game bodies and objects. In this sandbox you may be free to do anything at any time that the game allows, but you have to do it as the game structures it, so proposing methods of structuring large battles is not necessarily anti-sandbox.

If the only way of bypassing the server system limitations is to structure the conflict through an acceptable game design aspect, then that is what should be done.

And I think my idea of splitting the system into several instances may actually be a very creative and efficient approach to doing this. As long as these instances constantly intertwine with each other, the battle on one instance will affect the others and it may be possible for these battle to reach a conclusion with minimal TiDi effects.

I didnt read your entire post but:

Thanks !!!

Also, I support the general concept.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.