About Bumping

Ill do you one better.

Do you think bumping a ship towards the direction of its warp destination helps them enter warp faster?

Yes
Because it gets the velocity vector go in that direction faster :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

As said above, decoupling bumping from alignment mechanics works just fine.

Use warp scrams/disruptors/bubbles instead.
That’s why they exist.

If you dont want a ship to warp off, use those, like everyone else.

LOL

you got absolutely wrecked by your own attempt at countering me :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

So you fall back to your old (and still invalid) option :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Gf pal

So may tears and emojis.

Bumping is a “theme park” mechanic.

The issue of flags can easily be sidestepped by simply making bumping a “bumper car” system as it is, as opposed to ramming.

If your intent is to stop a ship warping, use the tools for that, which are warp scramblers/disruptors/bubbles.

PS: Docking alignment is distinct from warping.

Alignment is alignment pal

Doesn’t matter what it’s for
Warping will only work if the velocity vector is within the 5-10° cone of where you’re aligned to

How does it feel to being proven wrong over and over again?

How would you feel if you actually had to use warp scrams/disruptors/bubbles to prevent warp, as is their intended purpose?

I wouldn’t care, that’s what I already use :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Tell me @Salvos_Rhoska
What do you think I do in EVE?

holy crap Salvos…

A ship has to move with 75% into the direction it wants wo warp to successfully warp.

If you bump a ship into direction of warp it will immediatly warp, this is what some clever counter bumpers do.

You can also send a fast small ship into the direction the evil bumper bumps you and warp immediatly to it

If the bumper bumps you into the direction of any warpable object you can immediatly warp to that object.

Also why do you think insta-undock bookmarks work?

2 Likes

Great.

Then on your part there is no resistance for decoupling bumping from alignment.

Bumping is fine.

That’s my point.
You cry over a mechanic you don’t even understand :joy:

Then lets get rid of bumping, as a factor for aligning.

If the purpose is to prevent a ship from warping, that can be done with existing tools specific to that purpose.

Warp scrams/disruptors and bubbles.

It’s also to relocate miners away from the ice belt and it is not warp scrambling, there are ways to escape which I just listed above

Also please stop talking about stuff you.have no clue about

1 Like

You can still bump them away from the ice.

It just doesnt stop them aligning and warping out.

This is gold.

This will be something I remember forever like that time that DMC guy didn’t know how CONCORD works and made a fool of himself in front of everyone.

Hey guys, remember that time Salvos demonstrated that he doesn’t understand the mechanic he’s always crying about?

Truly one for the record books.

#Eggonface
#Gameunfair
#Specialsnowflakedefinitions
#Couldntmakethissh**upifyoutried

2 Likes

Doesnt matter :smiley:

The proposal works.

Decouple alignment from bumping.

You can still use warp scram/disrupt/bubble, as is their purpose, to prevent a warp.
You can still bump miners off ice.

So, just to get this straight, you’ve spent hours and hours on internet spaceship forums railing against a mechanic you never actually took the time to understand? And that doesn’t matter?

3 Likes

Correct. It doesnt matter.
The issue is not me, its the topic.

The proposal works.

You can still use warp scram/disrupt/bubble, as is their purpose, to prevent a warp.

Interesting.

Tell us more about changes you’d like to make to mechanics you don’t know the first thing about.

1 Like

Find a flaw: