About Bumping

-Put structure in 1-man holding corp
-25k member alliance undeccable

But hey, wars are op /s

The suggestion is talking about corporations, not alliances.

We know that EVE considers each ship a sphere, and its orientation irrelevant to alignment to a destination warp point.

Ergo, we know that the orientation of the ship, regardless of being bumped, is not relevant to alignment.

We also know, that warp scrams/disruptors exist for the purpose of preventing a warp initiating.

My point still applies

Put a structure in a random holding corp and you’re undeccable lol

Bumping disrupts alignment
You should play with vectors on… lol

A ship going sideways can’t go forward :joy::joy::joy:

You guys make it way too easy

@Octavia_Daya nothing personal btw, we brought the same points to Jin when he mentioned it to us

We know from Maxs presentation, and CCP data, that ship orientation is irrelevant to alignment to warp.

A ship can be travelling in any direction, or sideways, and still align, and warp.

Can you read?

that’s why capitals warp drifting.

The holding corp of the structure would still be wardeccable and with it the structure. No use in arguing with someone that lets rationality be altered by opinion (dismissing facts that do not fit it) instead of letting rationality alter the point of view. It’s CRH not CHR.

Technically, all that is required for a ship to complete alignment/enter warp, is to fill their alignment time, not be warp scrambled/disrupted/bubbled and be travelling at 75% of their nominal maximum speed.

Thats also why webbing works to enable faster warp, as it reduces the max speed of the ship for its duration.

EVE doesnt care what direction you are moving in, for purposes of aligning and warp.
Each ship is a sphere for purposes of alignment/warp

The ship will graphically flip towards the destination warp point, once warp is initiated, cos it would look stupid for it to travel backwards.

The reality is that no one will bother to dec a group sheltered by out-of-corp structures

The reality is that a very stagnant highsec will become moreso if that change passes.

The reality is that the carebears are being catered too because they keep on crying that EVE is too hard

EVE is easy if you’re willing to put some effort into learning and adapting

1 Like

You need to go at 75% speed TOWARDS the place you want to warp to.

If you’re going at 75% going 90° of your intended warp destination ofc you won’t warp lmao
Your logic is flawed :smiley:

You’re uninformed on basic game mechanics and want them to change which is absolutely hilarious

1 Like

There are people out there that do not victimize everyone they see. Even if you don’t want to believe or acknowledge that.

That is false.

For the third time, EVE doesnt care what direction you are going in to align/warp.
Each ship is considered a sphere for that purpose, without a “direction”.

Even if you are traveling diametrically opposite, or perpendicular, to the warp destination point, if you are traveling at 75% of nominal max, complete the align time, and are not warp scrammed/disrupted/bubbled, the ship will engage warp, and graphically turn towards its target warp destination.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT DIRECTION YOU ARE MOVING IN.

Max specifically answers this near the end of his presentation when asked by someone in the audience.

Why does my orca or bowhead need to have the velocity going towards my destination before warping if it doesnt matter?

Your argument is invalidated once again :smiley:

IT DOES NOT.

That is why.

You are confusing the graphics with the physics.

You do not need to de-accelerate, nor will you, from your current course inorder to engage aligning/warp, to re-accelerate to 75% in the warp destinations direction.

I will say this once again:
-For purposes of aligning/warp, EVE considers each ship as a sphere, without head or tail.
-It does not matter what direction you are traveling in.
-All that matters, is you reach 75% of max nominal speed, complete the set align time for that ship/fit, and are not warp scrammed/disrupted/bubbled.

When the ship graphically turns towards the warp destination point, is completely arbitrary, and does not stop your forward momentum nor velocity in the direction you where traveling when you initiated the warp sequence, as aligning.

Thats it.

Thanks for showing you have no clue what velocity vectors are lol

I know that if I warp, my ship will be going at 75% speed or more towards the destination with a 5-10 degree cone of warp.

If the velocity is at 75% but outside of that small cone you will simply not warp because your ship is not travelling in that direction but elsewhere

Howtowarp.jpg

This is even more basic than fitting a ship and you don’t even know how it works :smiley:
#salvosforcsm13

For the fourth time, EVE does not care what direction you are moving in, for purposes of aligning/warping.

You do not need to de-accelerate if not moving towards your warp destination.

The process is as follows:
-Must be traveling at 75% of nominal max.
-Must complete set align time, as per ship stats + fit +/- other effects.
-Must not be warp scrambled/disrupted/bubbled.

What direction you are moving in in relation to the warp destination point, does not matter.

This is gold

Tell me, do you think webbing bumped ships helps them get out faster?

1 Like