About Bumping

I think this thread should be derailed into lasagna recipes.

So you are going to poison their capsules?

Hmmmm…:thinking:

Amarr lasagne recipe.

Slave, make me some lasagne.

2 Likes

I just died inside
:tripletsparrot:

Wow, those are amazing tears. They will probably sustain me for another week. Thanks

4 Likes

I didnt say I do, but the mechanics are no different.

Depends how often you can bump them, and their align time.

Yes, aligning and alignment are two different things.
Aligning is the process a ship takes to enter warp (note: to enter warp, not the command “align”)
The align time to warp is hardcoded into each ship as a stat.
Alignment is where the ship is moving as a result of force vectors.

In this proposal, the aligning to enter warp would not be affected by bumping, but alignment would.

Ie: Bumping would no longer function as tackle for purposes of preventing warp, but would still displace the ship.

Would you say the agility and speed of a ship has no influence of it being vulnerable to bump-tackling?

A typical frigate has an align time of 3s, a shuttle has 1.5 and a pod has 0s. Would you say bump-tackling is equally effective on this ships than warp disruptors are?

1 Like

Do pizze count? My favourite pizza is a quaddro formagio with spinach spread on it and an egg in the middle. It needs to be juicy, though, not dry. When it is dry i give it back and refuse to pay.

Good moin, everyone.

Hey Sol

What did you have for breakfast?

Had to go to work early and quickly, so just a spoon of honey and sanostol to get me going. Now I am eating Schnitten while waiting for coffee. And you?

Life Pro Tip: When you only drink filtered water, you have to consider that it likely also filters magnesium, which will eventually hurt your muscles. Either buy a better filter, or compensate. I need new filters.

1 Like

No, it does not. As explained further on.

Not really. CFC and CODE already have more than enough alts. But on the other hand, nothing holds them back to create more alts anyway. Not really the issue. Besides, if you need even more alts in alt farms and cannot recruit more actual players, ganking itself has serious problems since it does not appeal to many people. And since neither freighter HP nor their capabilities to defend themselves have significantly changed and fewer characters than ever are needed to gank something, I know where the problem lies.

No, it won’t, as elaborated above. It will make ganking more frequent because you see more freighters.

On a practical level, yes, it has influence, as the faster/agile the target ship is in relation to yours, its harder to land a collision. On a mechanics level, no.

On a practical level, no, especially if you are bumping solo. You can "tackle"a pod with a bump, but because it it has 0 align time to warp, the effect is reduced to zero. On a mechanics level, you can still bump a pod. (afaik, Ive never tried).

There are two forms of “align”
-There is the “align” command which orients your ship towards the chosen destination.
-There is the “align” as integral part of the warp process, which is hardset as x seconds in the ships stats.

Then there is “alignment” which is what direction your ship is moving in, in what orientation, as a result of forces working on it.

The Max presentations are interesting, but are “after the fact” explanations for phenomenon, not the cause of the phenomenon.

Successfully warping involves the following:

• Reaching 75% of max nominal speed.
  • Completing the hardset “align” timer.
  • Moving in the direction of the warp destination within a small cone, at 75% of speed (as I was wrong about earlier.)
  • Not currently being warp scrammed/disrupted past warp stabilisers, and not being in a bubble (or nullified).

Thus the way to implement a change in bumping so that it does not cause a proxy “tackle”, is remove the requirement of facing in the direction of the destination, or make it omnidrectional

Result is a ship that is travelling at 75% of nominal speed, in any direction, and completes the align timer, will enter warp.

Graphically the ship can be coded to quickly turn in the direction of the warp once its initiated. This especially so that others can approximate in what direction it warped off in.

From a lore/science perspective, this can be understood as the “align” hardset timer for entering warp, as the ships computers calculating the warp trajectory, and the ships PEGs activating and aligning in preparation for activation of PEG warp field.

If this had been the case already years ago, Max would have found a way to explain this as well.

No one ever asks how many people are actually bumping and how many people are actually being affected by bumping. Instead, a tiny minority pretends it is happening everywhere all the time and thus is a problem that needs to be addressed.

The same is happening in regards to “suicide ganking”, and the relatively sane are easily tricked into exaggerating an issue that most likely is not actually an issue at all.

3 Likes

It’s not, but it’s fun that the scarebears are afraid.

“No one” includes you.
Go ahead and ask. Nobody is stopping you.

Better that, than you posting about water filters, pizza preference, your breakfast and the other totally irrelevant crap you wasted forum space/time on above.

Scarebears. Why did I never think of that? Good one!

Of course it is funny, but the problem is that they keep us from talking about actually interesting and fun things. Looking at the forums, the scarebears are dominating at least General Discussions. Instead of having, you know, GENERAL DISCUSSIONS, we have ScareBear discussions about topics that should not even be topics at all.

They achieve nothing but making people angry. I have seen you reacting angrily as well. Is this really necessary? Worth of participating? Do we not have better things to do, than rehashing the same thing over and over again, simply because a tiny minority demands the attention it needs to constantly exaggerate this?

No, they do not. Should the relatively sane not finally get their asses together and collectively make this ■■■■ stop? Anyone who believes this is actually funny is a part of the problem and has lost his grip on what actually matters, which is:

It is a forum. Let us have fun, instead of constantly having people drag us down with nonsense that does not reflect reality in the slightest. The reason why this forum is being seen as toxic is not us, it is them.

And someone please tell the insane one to stop begging for my attention.

Now you are just clearly deliberately gish posting to move content you “dont like” further up the thread, past your irrelevant/offtopic crap posting, and to derail the thread.

If you want to discuss water filters, pizza toppings, your breakfast or “scarebears”, make a thread for that. This one is quite clearly “About Bumping” as is in the title.