About Bumping

on the money as always

Yeah apparently Salvos can bump-tackle frigates and completely avoids fitting warp disruptors and webs. It’s completely game breaking.

This is getting so dumb it is starting to be funny.

Imagine some freighter warping sideways because he was bumped out of alignment, lol, so dumb it is comical.

Guess the devs will need to adjust the art to have “sideways propulsion” :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is true of most threads that get to 500 posts.

There aren’t too many threads that have valuable discussion beyond about the first 20 posts. After that, pretty much every thread goes off topic, turns to ganking, cloaking, bumping, carebears v griefers, pve v pvp, CCP good and bad, etc.

By the 21st post in most threads, we are all just here for amusement.

3 Likes

I’m just here so I have a first row seat when the Salvos videos start.

1 Like

Oh god yes

But first…
#inb4threadlock

1 Like

Hit it with your ship.

Are you claiming frigates cannot be bumped?

So you bump-tackle frigates by simply bumping them? For how long can you tackle them this way?

1 Like

Is he making up his own definitions again?

PSA for the hard of understanding.

Bumping != Tackling

The term tackle is commonly understood to mean preventing ships from warping by applying modules designed for that purpose to the target vessel. Google tackle and Eve if you doubt this.

Bumping does none of these things, no modules are applied to the target vessel, nor does it prevent warp. What it does do is alter vector and velocity, making alignment difficult to maintain.

2 Likes

Oh he probably knows perfectly well that his whole proposition is BS. He tries to dance around words again to deflect from the obvious truth that his whole argument collapsed.

1 Like

The VAST majority coming straight from you.

Please stop trying to ruin a game you obviously do not play.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like Salvos’ idea would remove alignment from the warp requirement.

That is ok, as I previously explained, we just need art for ships to warp sideways…

:joy:

2 Likes

That shifts the cost equation. Especially if you have to use more than one.

You also need more players which will likely shift the cost equation unless you want more alts. It is ironic that you could actually be advocating for a solution that leads to even more alts…

Which makes ganking less frequent and is a buff to overloading your freighter–i.e. making EVE safer.

Lots of things were never intended yet they are a Thing™ and they persist. Example: local. We have CCP Falcon on record that local was never intended for intel, yet it is used for exactly that.

Why can’t it be a dumpster fire hit by a train and thus causing a wreck.

So…what Salvos is saying is if we keep bumping we can just get rid of tackle modules as they are redundant and therefore not needed?

That is some kind of Krazy Koolaid™.

Yes, he thinks even frigates can be bump-tackled

Just shows how much he actually knows about the game. I mean not even long ago he was thinking that alignment does not matter when warping.

It’s like he does not even play the game but still thinks he is somehow qualified to talk about the game mechanics.

1 Like

He never said that.

You are a just inventing facts out of NOTHING. This is insults.

You are distorting his sentences in order to make him say things he never said.

That only shows us that you have no respect for people whom you don’t agree with. I feel really agressed by your repeated insults, that come for no reason but to harm people. That’s low of you

YOU said only capital ships are subject to bump. THAT is false and he told you exactly that. Even frigates are bumped. And you know it. EVERY BODY KNOWS IT.

Your whole posts here are only insults. I would be ashamed to be your parents.

EVERY post he makes you take an effort to make crap of it. You bring nothing positive those posts . Are you so stupid you can’t bring a point without insulting people ?

IF you were genuine I would say that you don’t understand a word about what he said, so don’t bother answer. But I rather think you need to be an asshole because that’s the only thing you ever learnt to do. “Look mum we are the bullies in the class”. Too bad you had to leave school.

1 Like

You are so wrong…

I bet he ship spins :smile:

You probably expect people who post to undock.

I’m way to busy posting!

Your supposed to do that at work/school. :blush:

2 Likes

I post there too. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like