About Bumping

Get to acceleration gates, get closer to fleet mates, approach NPCs, approach war targets

Do you even play the game or just the forums?
Are you that daft?

A one gank set tells you most are alt armies.

Nice and objective there. I’ll run the data and we’ll see (though even telling alts aside from common names, I’m not so certain how we can tell Player from alt, so we might need to be conservative and accept we can only do it for alts like the Kusions, etc.)

Ahm … What? I listed examples for the last 5 days. :thinking: I mean, I can continue until the beginning of the month if you want?

Christ the amount of self-vested dishonesty in this thread…

1 Like

It’s hilarious, isn’t it? I’m sitting here and oscillating between rofling and facepalming. :joy:

1 Like

Coming from you that’s literally priceless mate

Holy crap. Sure, if what you do is cherry pick alt army ganks, then it will be most.

That’s kind of a pointless and dishonest analysis though.

I’ll run the data for all ganks over the last couple of months (omitting the weekend if Burn Jita since that will swing it away from alt armies dramatically) and see whether the data shows it to be most ganks are alt armies. The data I use, I’ll make it all available, so you can verify independently too.

1 Like

What if …

What if there would be no issue, if the insane minority would not continuously get the attention they need to exaggerate non-issues in the first place?

Hmmm… :thinking:

:thinking: I mean I gave you the link to the killboard were I took that data from. You can check for yourself. I only mentioned freighters that died in high sec to non-wardecs. If you don’t want to see that data, it’s your choice. :slight_smile:

Surprisingly, there were not more ganks listed on zkill for these days. All other freighters died in low sec, null sec or to wars or some weird 2-man group (duels maybe?)…

That describes the insane minority responding to keep up their self-serving status quo.

Which minority do you mean? The gankers or the haulers?

Sure, but I prefer the API. Can get much more data, much faster and have a computer analyse it rather than doing it manually.

It becomes much more representative as well.

By all means, go ahead.

Why should I answer you question if you ignore mine?

1 Like

How about cos I asked you many questions first, which you conveniently ignored.

So tell me Salvos, how many frigates did you bump-tackle in your career as an EVE player? I guess you don’t fit a warp disruptor anymore since you can just bump-tackle all the frigates?

1 Like

That’s it?
That’s your rebuttal? :smiley:

It’s a question not a rebuttal. I would like to profit from your insane PvP skills by learning how you bump-tackle frigates so I don’t have to waste two mid slots for a disruptor and a web anymore in the future.

So how are you doing it?

1 Like

No … it really fits perfectly.

1 Like

Wow…

I go to a meeting and return to a kajillion new posts - with little new said.

Oh well, might as well join the party.

There is no pressing need to risk messing up warp mechanics for everyone to apply some misused sense of equity to bumping-for-warp-interference.

CCP has already given the OK on the tactic, and they researched and then declined to apply a bump timer at this time. This was my preferred method to avoid potential edge-case abuse.

Attempting to decouple the alignment interference from bumping is TOO risky to an integral mechanic.

–Did Gadget miss anything?

2 Likes