About wardeckers in High Sec and solution

CCP doesn’t need to provide retribution. If you don’t like feeling like prey, then do something about it.

If someone is taking trash talk to a point of harassment or an out of game personal attack, then I urge you to report it.

1 Like

Its not me who are bothered at all with being the prey or the hunter im talking about rest of the people out there being bothered not being able to fight back or being constantly bullied week after week. Ive spoken with a lot of people that are quite tired of these kinds of ■■■■■■■■ methods so to speak and even bigger corps in Nullsec says the same. Myself are out trying to hunt em but they usually just dock up or comes in force or standbys. Sure we have got some by ambushes but like i said we have to be very active at same areas all the time during week after week and who has time with that nonsense when theres more important things to do and not to talk about all the constant neut spies that can easily be changed with a click of a new alt and like i said can easily scout and warp in war targets where they are needed

And for the nullsec part its way easier since there you know who your enemies is where you can retaliate on em and actually can do anything about em if they hit your region

“But with these things said you prob now sitting with a grin face and padding yourselves on the back saying you’re such good players”

Sorry if you don’t like it you should offer your actual suggestions in the proper sub-forum where your voice will be heard. Here you’re just getting trolled.

Nullsec players are more interested in playing in Nullsec, obviously. When they come to highsec they don’t want to have to deal with wars. Well too bad. It’s part of the game. HTFU… adapt or die… all the other catch phrases.

If you are too weak, unprepared, or knowledgeable to deal with wars then do something about it. Your problems shouldn’t be CCPs issues to fix. You have all the tools. The same tools the aggressors have… use them.

1 Like

Weak arguments as usual. We all know the aggressors has the upper hand here as i explained and still terrorists should be treated as such in the eyes of the factions. Just because CCP hasn’t seen the issue yet or willing to address it cause they are afraid of spoiled players and cons trying to manipulate the game to their favour doesn’t mean its right or the right way

But that is probably the problem with todays gaming industry cause they only think with their wallet instead of making solid games

1 Like

What makes you think they are scared of spoiled players? Did you hear about the fighter damage changes by chance? Please elaborate on this point.

All players have equal acces to the same ships, mechanics, knowledge, and skill points.

1 Like

Yeah that was made cause people had such an easy way of ratting good ticks and will hurt their economy. Those things is a prior for em as an company to balance things up so the balance can be stable all the way down, if not they have to reorganize the whole chain and costs em money

Had to be done and cheapest way doing it

Do you think people cried about the changes?

1 Like

ohh yes they did and many threatened to quit and some probably did but in the long term it had to be done…but whats this point you’re making ? and not understanding it since this isn’t hurting their economy or the chain in the same way contrary to all the other cries that will be made when bullies cant have their ice cream when they want it. Or you want to cover up some more good statements you cant provide ?

From all the posts here, and this is how I see it:

• Issue: War declarations are way too easy (or you may say “cheap”) to throw around

Can’t remember the last time changes were made to the “War Dec” system but I think it’s safe to say, that it has been at least 5 years (if not more) since any change were made. In the mean time many big and small changes have been made, which have affected the games economy, among others I can mention Incursions, the new Structure(s), and more recent PLEX changes.

Few facts about wardecs:

• Price to wardec a Corp/Alliance: 50m - 500m ISK (Based on size of wardec’ed Corp/Alliance) … correct me if I’m wrong.
  • 24 hours preparation time before it actually starts.
  • Wardec lasts as long as the aggressor keep paying the Fee to CONCORD.

So now that we have the facts straight, how can we go about making it slightly more “fair-play” (and yes, I know that it is rarely found in New Eden).

• Suggestion: Increase the price for starting a war between Corp(s)/Alliance(s). The question is then by how much - here I’m thinking 5-10 times. So that it instead will be 250m - 2.5bn, doing so will force the agressors to choose more wisely who they decide to declare war against and not just just be at war with everybody.

well… there you have it, my thoughts on the subject - :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

So killing other through legal aggression is bullying? This is new.

1 Like

Cost is not a good deterrent in my opinion. All it does is force people to lump into larger groups to offset the increased cost and actually kill off the smaller groups and solo players that are much more manageable for people.

2 Likes

How does it force people to join bigger Corp(s)/Alliance(s) or kill off Solo/Small gang? It’s does not, ISK is plentiful in EVE. Acquiring 250m is easy and do not take a lot of time. All it does it make people think about who they Declare war against and I never said that it had to be 250m (that was just my suggestion).

Because it’s exactly what happened in the past? It’s part of the reason that wars are mostly aggressors made up of many corps that take advantage of the highsec waterholes (trade hubs and pipes).

Solo players aren’t going to think, “okay now I just need to run missions or mine for x hours and then I will have enough for a wardec on a small corp. yay!”. So what that does is forces out your small groups and soloists and reinforce the feeling that you need a large group. Anyone that has kept up with wars in the last 5 years can see this.

You are further creating what everyone complains about.

2 Likes

You didn’t answer my question! and if you have to bring up the past, be specific! I’m well aware that many wardec’s are what most will call “grief wars”, meaning that a PvP specialized group declares war on the less fortunate Industrial groups as such they do not care much about the capability of the defenders, as aggressors know that they will get their money’s worth, being in ISK or tears.

1 Like

It does deter smaller groups and solo players? How do I know? I am involved in the community and personally know others that have left the small groups and solo wardec play style in favor for the larger mega-groups that are providing 50+ wars and casting nets around trade hubs and pipes. What I describe isn’t explicitly due to increased costs as the removal of the watchlist had a large hand in it as well.

Yes it does force players to be a little more careful with their war funds when selecting targets, but how are you even supposed to do that when a potential good target just has all of its members drop corp?

If you talk to most of anyone involved in wars they will tell you that they miss the small group or solo decs… The era before increased war costs and watchlist removal.

The problem is that when it comes to “you guys” you tend to think that any and all war decs are for grieving. I’m not going to say that it doesn’t happen because I know firsthand that it does. What typically happens is that some poor carebear mouths off or does something to gain full attention. He gets slammed with decs week after week until he submits or whatever… I don’t feel sorry for that person. What I know doesn’t happen (at least in the groups I’ve been apart of) is where someone says, “lol look at all those noobs! Let’s wardec them till they quit the game!”.

Harvesting tears has been a long-tradition in the game that even CCP themselves endorses. I don’t understand how you can play this game and have no prior knowledge as to the environment of the game. I mean if you read stories on the forums, blogs, and on Reddit then you’ve just gotta know.

1 Like

Sounds reasonable as a cheap solution since the goal here isn’t to take away wardecking (or Mercs to be more specific) but to make High sec a bit realistic towards such aggressors and for what some calls a bribe which i dont understand where that came from, that suddenly the factions went corrupt in such larger scale. Even if there might also be bigger key players in the industrial part or bigger alliances that want to target certain areas for different reasons it could still be reasonable to get some kind of balance towards the cheap spree that is going on at the moment

Still i would like to see some small security status reduction if perhaps the war repeat it self with 0.3-0.5 per war to go with it as they practically target those factions areas residents and should have some sort of diplomatic influence drop

I’m done here. This thread is a joke. Next time post it in the proper sub-forum so CCP devs can laugh at you.

I can tell you will play this game for a long time and have fun, having to ask CCP to cater to your weak in-game persona. My only question for when you inevitably quit is: Can I have your stuff?

2 Likes

Yes and so will i :slight_smile: Well haven’t seen much proper coming out so well good thing to leave space for some real discussions

There were times when wardecs cost a fraction and were available to use even for new players, to legally fight competing corps. for example small mining corps fighting over a belt, or system. eventually there was a big enough amount of complainers who demanded change, so CCP made wardecs more expensive. back then they didn’t know that cost doesn’t work as balancing factor.

remember that, when wardecs were more widely accessible, the game was still growing. not despite that fact, but also because of it. also remember that years ago people weren’t bathing in easy isk like nowadays.

what happened was that new players wouldn’t afford wardecs anymore (50 million were a lot back then and for new players it still is) and those who cared about being mercenaries lumped together into bigger groups. as you can read in a longer post of mine, further above, i’ve explained that the current situation is CCP’s fault only and that we’d all want a fix for this, but CCP usually doesn’t care about fixes and instead patches band-aid solutions on everything, making things worse.

you seem to be a reasonable person, so i respond to you.

the situationwe have now, with a few mercs mass deccing anyone who passes by is a result from the watchlist changes, which mercenaries announced will happen, because without the watchlist it’s virtually impossible to scout your targets, due to there being no indication if they’re online or not.

in before that other guy spreading his toxic, hateful, biased nonsense again.

1 Like

Its a good thing then that we all have come to an agreement that this issue is something that must be fixed and i hope that CCP finally will address this as soon as possible

1 Like