Wardec kraziness

Just read that 5 corps are responsible for 50% of wardecs. Hmm. You’d think Concord would start asking for higher and higher bribes. I think if you did this both with toons and corporations/alliances, it would disable that machine (and force the peeps to move to low/null if they want to fight a lot). The other option is to just allow these decers to continue, and organically determine what effect it has on such things as player corps and citadel ownership.

1 Like

Are news traveling slow in Crime & Punishment?

They are starting to rewamp the wardec system, with initial changes coming in December.

A dev blog will be released soon.

5 alliances. And they pay billions weekly, running a wardec alliance isn’t cheap…

Let’s see when I ran absolute defiance we ran through about 130 billion isk a month, I paid out of my own pocket to start us up at 50 bill…so we could get Merc status…

Marmite has probably spent more than a few trillion isk on wars, same with PIRAT, so complain again about how it’s cheap?

4 Likes

This is no joke. As a longtime solo wardeccer I’m always poor as dirt. Have to scam and steal sometimes just to keep going.

There would be a lot more than 5 alliances wardeccing if the fees weren’t so outrageous. There would be more solo guys or small corps. New players would do it.

I’d love to see fees addressed in the coming changes, but I doubt it will happen. They keep putting up more and more barriers to entry in the trade and then wonder why there is a tendency to consolidate into smaller numbers of wealthier, more OP alliances.

3 Likes

Not that expensive if you get free ratting space from NCPL to run your bots.

1 Like

War is expensive…

Replaced that Tayra yet?

Yo well played there , never saw you coming…lesson learned I thank you for that. Currently at null sec now.

I’m always happy to be of service.:grinning:

It’s not NC or PL who funds anything it’s bots from Kids with Guns alliance who funds PIRAT

2 Likes

And CCP just can’t stop it lol!

Carebears need to come up with some better excuse for their incompetence than this lame lore-based nonsense.

It’s a videogame, you’re gonna have to come up with videogame reasons, not pretend reasons.

1 Like

The irony is that the reason so many decs are conducted by so few corps is BECAUSE ccp have made it more expensive and so difficult to do.

When wardecs were cheaper, more smaller groups would wardec (me and about 5 other guys were one such group). But that became unsustainable after the nerfs so they joined freight club in marmite.

The same happened with ganking. The more it’s nerfed, the more they consolidated into fewer blobs.

3 Likes

I felt for a while the Corp I was in Pod Repo was always in competition with freight club for a while…

Was on a bombers bar fleet last evening, we jumped in on 118 rorquals in goon space. 118 on grid, had to be bots.

2 Likes

It’s not that expensive. It becomes expensive if given deccer start to decc multiple wardecs at once, if that become too expensive, then you are chewing more than y can swallow… the name for that is GREED

Yeah it’s expensive. And harder to do than ever before. That’s why all the wardec corps merged into larger entities.

Vice versa, corps are becoming easier and safer to make, and players are separating into more smaller corps.

How much cost the fee for a wardec? 50mill? That’s change for a wardec corp. If they want to Dec 20 corps at once it’s their problem

They are unlimited in cost.

Amongst other reasons, they merged together to offset increased dec costs.

Whine all you want. This is one of the reasons they merged together and one of the reasons nooby mcnooberson will join an existing wardec corp rather than start his own.

What y talking about? I’ and Im not complaining at anything, I am talking exactly the opposite, the wardecs are fine the way it is for now.