Wardec kraziness

50 million for a small Corp of 50 or less
Growing to 500 million for corps/alliances over 400

Now since only big alliances own structures it’s 500 million isk per week per war…

That’s my point … War IS expensive. If they want to war multiple enemies, it’s a strategic decision. If wardec get cheaper, it will incentive even more the empty wardecs, they will simply wardec all corps that has structures and roam around free killing anybody. They can do that? Sure why not? But must pay the price, and the price is 500mill per target.

1 Like

Wardecs we’re expensive before hence why Mercs joined alliances… Soon Mercs won’t Dec each other and you’ll have a Merc coalition

1 Like

No it wasn’t. That was MY point.

Wardeccers were forced to dec more people because hunting was hugely nerfed. And to afford that they had to merge together.

You’d get more wardecs but from more smaller corps. You wouldn’t have 50% of decs conducted by as few as 5 entities. This has already been observed.

The emptiness of which depends on ccp’s decision to somehow undo one of the most ill-considered changes in their history.

So y talking its easier to change the whole gameplay , affect many people, by reducing wardec cost, than just a few corps to make a strategic decision to not wardec the whole galaxy?

Wardecs are already an integral part of hisec. They aren’t a side feature or isolated.

You want more of them, not less. And you want more people involved. Lot’s of little players that are not only more likely to have defenders stand up to them, but are also less likely to become a blue donut.

What you don’t want is a few groups who can pay any price you dare charge for wardecs and dominate the market. Creating a monopoly or blue donut.

5 Likes

So when there 800 test or pandemic horde structures in perimeter… And you want to put up one of your own but all the Mercs are in a coalition that support only test or horde, who are you gonna hire to protect your structure?

That , with all due respect, is your opinion, and from some more people too. There’s tons of players who don’t care about wardecs, neither want to be involved in some. You may say but it good cause it brings more destruction and good economy follows, and I totally agree with you, as an industrialist I understand that. But im happy to have the choice of not being forced to participate in some just because some guys want some easy farm. Also , one wardec if well planned and that target the right enemy can bring more content and destruction than 10 blank ones that have 0 killmails. then the price is fine, people just need to learn how to choose their targets and not deccspam all the galaxy

1 Like

I.dont care, I don’t want to deploy structures so far . And if I do I would do in wh or nullsec

No. they merged from laziness. The whole “CCP made us do it” excuse is a lie, and more laziness.
The mergers were already happening prior to any of these changes. They might have sped up a touch, but the mergers were just natural evolution of the meta.

3 Likes

That has always been an option.

Wardecs have always been easily avoidable. The problem i see is the sacrifices made for being dec immune. They are becoming too little.

I always wanted social corps to be npc corps equivalents.

Mergers did happen yes, but it would NEVER have gotten to the point of 50% of wardecs done by 5 groups. 5 groups that had such a relationship that they wouldn’t accept contracts against eachother.

It didn’t just make what was already happening happen faster. It pushed it to an extreme extent. Like what has happened with ganking and the opposite is now happening to corps.

A lie eh? How can you possibly know what motivated every player that was part of a wardec group? Sure, it’s probably too simplistic to say that the last wardec change was the only cause of the shift in the composition of mercenaries and how wars are declared, but you can’t possibly categorically declare that did not contribute to it.

It is completely plausible to me that increasing the cost of wardecs would be one factor that would drive consolidation. It’s true there were large groups of wardeccers blanket deccing, even years before the last wardec revamp, but it is also objectively true there are less one-man, and small group plying their trade as back in the golden age. In fact, if you look at the change in the fraction of wars declared by the top 5 prolific wardec groups each month, the correlation with the price increase is quite stark:

There is a clear consolidation of wardec groups lagging just months the Inferno wardec rebalance. You can call these groups “lazy” for pooling resources but “lazy” is a pejorative to say ‘efficient’. If declaring wars are made more expensive, it makes sense that for efficiencies, wardec groups would consolidate and share targets and costs. I guess you could argue something like that might happen anyway as economies of scale apply whether wardecs cost 2M, 50M or 500M ISK, but I don’t see how you can declare that explanation a “lie” based on no evidence given how dramatically war groups consolidated immediately after the costs were increased. So essentially calling them “lazy” is agreeing with Daichi’s assertion that they grouped up to mitigate increased costs.

4 Likes

What is the huge spike in 2007? Before my time.

And where is the graph from?

And still be wardec eligible if deployed in space anywhere…

Hence why carebears like you should stick to playing WOW and leave a perfectly good PVP sandbox hard game like eve online alone… It’s just too advanced for your “Everyone deserves a trophy” style mind.

I’m surprised it’s not more. Probably should be at some point. After all it is a bribe to give you the right to kill at will. Now at least you have to do your homework to make sure you are going to get your money werth vs just wardecing anyone and hoping for glory.

1 Like

Incredible… Every word in your statement is wrong. xD.

1 [quote=“Saeger1737, post:34, topic:125012”]
Hence why carebears like you should
[/quote]
I don’t consider myself a carebear.

Tried wow once, it sucks, not my style of game

3 [quote=“Saeger1737, post:34, topic:125012”]
Everyone deserves a trophy” style mind.
[/quote]
Never said that and allways defended just the opposite opinion, I know how that mentality can damage people.

So , before talking crap about people judging based in thin air , do some research, talk more to given people , or y can just defend your point of view and not attack others. Fly safe… whoops… I mean fly dangerous.

Crappy quotes but y can read it… Damm mobile

I made that graph using data from the ESI collected by @Solstice_Projekt and myself.

In 2007 Privateer Alliance happened. Well they, and some others started declaring many more wars than the norm for a few months. Not sure what that was about.

Here is one summary of that data which I posted on the Wardec Project Discord a while back:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/247912985870336000/509089532704980992/mostprolificwargroups.csv

Or if you really want, all wars:

1 Like

I’ll give pearl abyss $10 extra a month to be at war with everyone in the game… But isk prices were capped because people complained back then about the costs of war…

I don’t get you.

The fact that the price is only driven by the number of people in the corporation you wardec means that if you consolidate, then you will spend less money in wardecs. It’s just basic math : you are two groups wardeccing two corporations. If you regroup, you will exactly pay half.

The higher the price to wardec, the faster you regroup. But in the end, regrouping wardeccing corps is just a matter of common sense. As long as consolidation reduces the price of wardec, and the price of wardec is noticeable, then there will be consolidation.