Abyss ishtar fit help!

Hey guys ive just returned to eve to checkout this abyss stuff, and ive been looking for a fit to fly - im pretty highly skilled with minmatar or gallente and can fly up to T3 cruisers on both, most people seem to go Gila for abyss - but my missile skills are pretty much none existant. So i was thinking of an ishtar. Im looking for a fit if anyone has one id greatly appriciate it. Id like something not massivly pricy - but im open to ideas of some shiny fit versions that make life easier.

Alternatly if the Vedmak is any good at doing the abyss feel free to link that.

You only need to go into thew right forum section, mate. I’ve seen plenty of fits during the first days of the introduction of Abyss there, and I’m pretty sure I saw the Ishtar there, too.

https://forums.eveonline.com/c/pve-gameplay-center

And please don’t flame me for it, it’s just one of the many fits going around. I’m simply copy-pasting it here straight from the first comment I’ve found. You can find more there.

[Ishtar, T2 Abyssal]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Assault Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Medium Armor Repairer II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Aurora S

Medium Anti-EM Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Imperial Navy Praetor x10
Imperial Navy Praetor x5

This is what i found and built -

[Ishtar, abysstar_poor]
Assault Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
—
10MN Afterburner II
Large Cap Battery II
—
Drone Link Augmentor II
280mm Howitzer Artillery II
—
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II
—
Optimal Range Script x2
Tracking Speed Script x2
—
Drones:
10 heavies
10 meds
5 lights

As ive never done abyss before it felt safer, i did one i got free an exotic calm one, and started to learn how it works a little bit - as well as understanding how the fit works. I think the abyss may be the reason i return to eve as its something different and genuinly interesting. I might just bling out the ishtar a bit just to make it a bit easier. But will decide on the go.

1 Like

The best Ishtar fit is a Gila (sad but true). 64% of Abyssal hunters agree: GILA!

1 Like

I would likely agree, if i had any missile skills to back that up. But i dont even have the most basic missile skills :slight_smile:

It takes almost no effort to train into some basic missile skills. The key feature of the Gila is the drones, anyway. The missiles are basically there to shoot frigates.

Even though I have near-perfect drone skills, I detest drones on every level as almost every aspect of PvE play requires their use (short of wasting two mids on dual webs).

Your fit is fine - but drop the ADC for another drone damage amp. For Dark filaments you’ll need a pair of 60% stasis webs. Oh, and you want Caldari Navy Vespas as mediums and Faction heavies for better tracking. I wouldn’t bother with any lights at all.

Until the Gila gets nerfed due to its increased popularity. Or worse, Abyss rats soon will eat drones for breakfast.

And I dare say this, Gila is the new Drake.

2 Likes

Yes, the nerf bat is menacingly near the Gila.

1 Like

How does this look.

[Gila, Exotic Firestorm]
Damage Control II
—
10MN Afterburner II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
—
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
[Empty High slot]
—
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
—
Hammerhead II x5
Vespa II x5
—
Inferno Precision Light Missile x1000
Scourge Fury Light Missile x2000
Inferno Fury Light Missile x2000
Scourge Precision Light Missile x1000

Fine - but don’t run it in any Dark or Inferno filaments. You may find that some T3 filaments overwhelm your passive tank so a shield power relay will probably work better than a damage control. Throw a T1 drone link augmentor in the utility high. For missiles, stick with Inferno Fury/Caldari Navy Inferno lights unless you’re running Exotic filaments - then go with Scourge instead.

Could you tell me what this means.
This means we will be using the Gila in Exotic Particle Storm and Plasma Firestorm sites.
Ive looked and cant figure out what exotic particle storm of plasma firestorm things are - they dont seem to be filiments? “im new to the whole abyss thing still”, i get that the marks on the filiment mean their tier - but i dont understand anything else.

Filaments - it’s not just the tier - it’s the type. Do a search for “calm” in the market and read up on the various filament types first. Each have a pro/con which lend themselves towards different type of weapon systems. The difference in tiers represents a higher level of difficulty and lower survival rate (T4 and T5 filaments also give you suspect status on exiting in high-sec).

Next, read this article and familiarize yourself with the various NPCs you’ll be facing.

For the Gila - Gamma, Gamma, Gamma… You don’t want to run Dark or Firestorm filaments with that fit. For starters, your drones won’t be able to hit anything in Dark filaments without a dual web - and doing so nerfs your passive tank. Firestorm filaments weaken your thermal resistance (already weak) and double the armor of most enemies.

Gamma filaments double your shield hit points - which is a massive boost to your passive tank (and thus why the Gila + Gamma filaments are the most popular combination). It also doubles the shields of NPCs - but most NPCs have strong armor and weak shields.

For drones you only want Caldari Navy Vespa. That’s it. They have the highest tracking and shield regen rate which means they can survive both fire from NPCs and the anti-drone defenses in the Abyssal pockets. For missiles, skip Precision and stick with Faction and Fury. I find Inferno works best unless you’re running Exotic filaments (which weaken kinetic resistances).

Stick to T1 calm and T2 agitated filaments for starters until you familiarize yourself with the Abyssal mechanics. Starting in T3 and up you’ll get neuted often and may find that you need to switch to an active tank that includes a cap battery and shield booster. There’s one or two active Gila fits floating around the forums (try “Gila” and “Abyss”).

Good luck!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.