Returning pilot needing level 4 fit advice for ishtar or mega

Hello I’m just coming back from a 6 year break and noticing that some things have changed and was wandering if the community could post a few fits for an Ishtar or megathron.

Not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me or not but I feel like Ishtar used to have more mid slots than what it currently has so I figured I would ask for some reliable builds before I go out and needlessly lose a ship as I use to shield tank the Ishtar.

Any how any advice would be much appreciated. o7

I suggest you read here:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-odyssey-1.1

and here:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-crucible-1

The Ishtar is an armor boat and the Megathron should not be fit like this:

7x mining laser I
4x large shield extender
mining laser upgrade, 6x inertia stabilizer I

I recommend the Dominix instead.

Wow Great!!! Thanks for the help elitatwo!!! No wonder people are flocking to the forums with great people like you to help!!!

I’m sure you will pick up on my sarcasm just I picked up on yours… Last two patch notes I’ll read sure. Guess I’ll pop me some popcorn and start reading the last six years while I’m at it. k bye

The Hyperion is a better turret boat for pve and the rep bonus will help more in long fights like you have in pve.
The Megathron is not very good at pve.

[Ishtar, Unnamed loadout]
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Damage Control II
True Sansha Armor Kinetic Hardener
True Sansha Armor Thermal Hardener
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Drone Navigation Computer II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Here’s a basic fit. Switch hardeners/drones for rats. Sentries are highly recommended. AB is optional for more tank. I like to splash some isk on the armor rep. You can make it cap stable with one large cap battery, so don’t even think about using cap rechargers, other than that mids and highs are whatever you want to put there. You can also still fit it for passive shield regen but it’s not as good as it used to be. Do whatever you want though, can’t go wrong with the ishtar.

Ended up doing a rattlesnake. AFK lvl4 missions pretty much.

Can’t go wrong with a rattlesnake either!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.