Caldari Navy Hornet 5
Gecko 3
Caldari Navy Vespa 10

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Nanite Repair Paste
Spike M
Navy Cap Booster 400
ā€˜Packratā€™

Asklepian set 1-6 slot .I recommend mid-grade set.I did it in low-grade but in slot nr 6 plug in Inherent Implants ā€˜Nobleā€™ Repair Systems RS-605 is better than Low-grade Asklepian Omega and cheaper.

Sometimes you need to consume Improved Exile Booster / Agency ā€˜Hardshellā€™ TB9 Dose IV.

Tips:- do not consume Strong Exile Booster you armor is only 2000 hp
-when you start each room activates the two armor rapier synchronized with a difference of 3.5/s.If you lose the synchronization, you may lose the ship !!!:skull::skull::skull:
-do not lose more than 6 minutes in room 1 and 2
-destroy the containers with your weapons use Spike M max/range 45 Km
-just enter you go directly to the gate and scoop the tractor

Negative points :hushed: Ship plus implants 2-2.5 B Isk
:sometimes you can not get all the loot :disappointed_relieved:

Positive points : It is very easy to kill the rats 2-3 minutes per room
: Easy to run the T4
: The T3 are a joke :sunglasses:
: Good for pvp !!! ( vs 2 armor repairer Vedmak you are dead :cold_face: against other ships, your level in pvp matters !!!)

PD : CCP please nerf the Vedmak, break the meta in abyss pvp ,he is too strong in 1vs1 and almost does not have counters .:grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Why would I fly this in a weather that doesnā€™t help it with minus exp res when t2 gallente already have bad exp res when I can fly a gila and gain alot more from weather

Iā€™m still hearingā€¦ ā€œGilaā€. Am I wrong?

Yes still Gila

So 8 months in and we basically have PvE content that was introduced for a single cruiser. The whole Triglavian expansion seems like another missed opportunity by CCP. Then again, they spent most of 2018 being acquired so I guess we shouldnā€™t be surprisedā€¦

2 Likes

You can also use triple frigate if you can multibox or have friends.Hawk is popular for that also you get triple drop

Just running a single client is inherently unstable, so I canā€™t imagine 3. Frigates are even less of my thing than cruisers, but I guess Iā€™m glad it appeals to some players (like Burner missions).

Itā€™s much cheaper to fit 3 hawks than a gila also they donā€™t need as much bling like expensive invuls for example

TRUE !!! If you just look for pve Gila itā€™s better and cheaper. And much easier to fly.
Although better in certain points.
Because in a direct confrontation in most of the times you would be dead.

nice fit, but I would rather do Firestorms in it as it gives a bonus to armor hp.

btw CCP should not nerf the Vedmark, it is fine as it is. The Curse is a hard counter to it. Also Orthrus seems to be strong against Vedmarks too.

1 Like

Of course, it is the advantage of this fitt, you are not limited to just one type.

I hope so, that they change their opinion .
Vedmak 2AR is the undisputed leader in 1vs1 abyss. And Curse has more possibilities, but what percentage do we speak of?
In the best case we speak of 50% -50%.And the possibility of losing at a level 3 for not being able to kill the rats.

but when nerfing the Ved, you also have to consider the use outside Abyss. The Curse will just cap out the Ved and it wins most of the time. But the Curse is weak against Gilas. Maybe CCP should rather nerf the Gila -> less of them in the Arena, means more Curses and more balanced PVP. RLML Orthrus is also strong against Veds
https://zkillboard.com/kill/74286016/

But it is this player and one more than the ones seen with Orthrus. I only know that the arena does not work and we are 4 players that go through it. I understand that you defend Vedmak but you must recognize that it breaks the meta. At least I will not return until there are changes.Itā€™s just my opinion.

Itā€™s called a tie breaker mechanic they added after a while you both lose resists so one of you wins

Iā€™m with you on this. I love the Gila, but holy crap is it getting boring having it be the meta. Sure I can do it in other ships, but that doesnā€™t mean I should for a wide plethora of really good reasons discussed in a wide plethora of places already.

On topic, if I were to do Ishtar, Iā€™d fly it where the weather effects match the natural resist profile and/or hybrid ammo damage type, not in Gamma.

1 Like

Itā€™s not even good in firestorm in fact firestorm is bad out of all weather gamma is so so but many high hp rats have alot of armor already so you can die by timer

If you stick with sentries, yea. If you fit 3x faction amps and use augmented ogres you should be fine. They chew through battleships even with the extra armor like crazy. I donā€™t remember my numbers but they were pretty up there last time I tried it out. Surpassed Gila drones and pure drone Gilas can make it. Wayyyyyy more then the Geckos listed in the original post.

Also, Augmented Ogres and Hammerheads do both thermal and kinetic, unlike their T2 or faction counterparts, so you can also do well in exotic filaments. You may have to fit an active kinetic hardener for the higher kinetic resist instead of passive which may give you difficulties vs neut spawns, but you should still come out ahead.

Alternatively, go for electrical. You have decent EM resist on armor, the weather gives you extra cap, and the Augmented Ogres and Hammerheads ( or Vespas for small targets). The NPCs are still just as vulnerable to both thermal and kinetic as everywhere else to the point that you will end up doign slightly less DPS using EM drones despite the EM effect. So this is another option, double this due to the cap regen bonus on a double rep fit.

Alternatively, instead of Ishtar, might actually try a VNI, something like this

Comparable DPS, 100 MN AB fit, fairly low sig, enough tracking to hit vast majority of targets with Ogres, only need to switch to medium drones for other drones, the ultra tiny ones, kill everything else using Ogres, and its cheaper then Ishtar. Can also go 10 MN or MWD instead of the 100 MN giving yourself the extra PG for a large cap battery, but then the drill sites may end up being a PITA to get to.

That VNI fit looks quite interesting. Could you post the whole fit? Thanks.

[Ishtar, pve]

Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpus X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Assault Damage Control II
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Gistum A-Type 10MN Afterburner
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Medium Capacitor Booster II
Sentient Drone Navigation Computer

Small Remote Armor Repairer II
Small Remote Hull Repairer II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Drone Speed Augmentor II

ā€˜Augmentedā€™ Wasp x5

High-grade Asklepian Alpha
High-grade Asklepian Beta
High-grade Asklepian Gamma
High-grade Asklepian Delta
High-grade Asklepian Epsilon
High-grade Asklepian Omega
Inherent Implants ā€˜Squireā€™ Capacitor Management EM-805
Inherent Implants ā€˜Nobleā€™ Repair Proficiency RP-905
Imperial Navy Modified ā€˜Nobleā€™ Implant

This fit should do for exotic and gamma l5, The fits above you will die period if you come across the all neut leshak spawn 1/100 and the all neut and a few webbers starving vedmak.

Any setup which has either high sig (shield extenders or mwd) or weak cap resistant will die eventually.(standard should be cap bat and medium cap booster or at least medium semiconductor memory cell if your going down the capacity route although i prefer cap booster because it leaves your rigs for other things such as resists and tank and what else you using your cargo for. This is for l5 sites you can get away with having less cap resistant on l4 and below but i have seen a 7 all neut leshak spawn in l4 so.

Drone wise
which everyone overlooks and focuses purely on dps you should be using wasps or vespas they both deal in kin and therm damage have better tracking, shield buffer, SPEED. Also forgot to add small and medium drones to setup but its worth taking an extra pair in the event 1 pair gets heavy damage you can switch to a fresh pair.

Think of the worst combo possible and fit to it!.

Iā€™ve only done the abyss in Gilas and Sacrileges, and only t1+t2+t3, but I have a friend who does up to t4 in a shield ishtar (deadspace rep, deadspace invuln, prop modā€¦ canā€™t remember last midslot, but presumably large thukker cap battery).

Not sure if it could do ANY t5s. But a shield ishtar would be better for gamma than an armor ishtar.

Too bad they took away that midslot a few years back. ;_;