Ishtar null ratting fit

Returning player there, Im curious how my former fit would perform now. There was a lot of changes in the last couples years and no one seem to be using this type of fit for the Ishtar, let me know what you think about it. This is for nullsec rattings anomaly.

[Ishtar, Head hunter]
High
Salvager II
Salvager II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II

Med
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Target Painter II

Low
Shield Power Relay II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Seems like it would work.

I’m no expert on Ishtar ratting, but I’ve seen many sorts of fits, from stationary shield boosting fits, 10mn shield boosting fits, 50mn speedy fits, 10mn armor repairing fits, 100mn passive shield tank fits, spider-tanked groups of Ishtars, tanky bait Ishtars. Personally I used a 10mn armor repairing fit when trying to rat, but quickly got bored.

Anyway, the ratting anomalies aren’t that hard and your 100mn passive shield tanking fit should most likely handle the NPCs fine (but do read on).

It’s the players that you may have to worry about and adapt your fit to.

From experience I can say that 100mn fits are a bit of a pain to catch if you don’t bring enough webs, so that’s a positive of your fit. Your EHP is on the low side though, if you can survive with extender rigs instead of purger rigs I would try that, to increase the time you have to get away while under attack by players.

Two more points:

• what part of space will you be ratting in? I don’t need to know the system, but if you’re going to fight in Amarr space, your 0% EM shield resistances will hurt, a lot. On the other hand, if you’re going to fight in Guristas space, your 85% base kinetic shield resistances will make it really easy to survive incoming NPC damage.
  • I see tractor beams. Nice idea, but those things pull at 600m/s. Your 100mn cruiser will go ~1000m/s, so you will never pull the wrecks close enough to salvage them while ratting.

And another piece of advice, get rid of the target painter and use a drone navigation computer to accelerate your drones. The faster the drones, the faster they return or go for the next target.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.