Abyssal Pockets: NPC Resistances/Damage

Redirecting to a much better analysis from Suitonia.
THE DEMONS WHICH LURK IN THE ABYSS

(this thread can be deleted, thanks)

4 Likes

Been using a Munin for lvls 1-3 electrical abssyal. Here’s the fit that seems to work out for me. Higher tiers it may die especially with neuting. Active armor plating will have to be changed to a more passive one. Don’t know how the cap booster will work yet…if it will keep up with cap drain or not. Any ideas will be most helpful:
[Muninn, abyssal3]
Tracking Enhancer II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Armor EM Hardener II
Tracking Enhancer II

Tracking Computer II
Stasis Webifier II
Medium Capacitor Booster II
Stasis Webifier II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II

Medium Projectile Metastasis Adjuster II
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Republic Fleet EMP M x3365
Nanite Repair Paste x236
Tracking Speed Script x1
Navy Cap Booster 400 x33

5 acolyte 2

When you write the npc resists, is that damage taken or actual resistances? 1.0 shield EM resists seems a bit high…

Actual resistance. Note: Didn’t realize the numbers from Hoboleaks were inverted (thanks for the clarification).

Both my Munin fits, armor and Shield do great for level 1-2, can run about 5-8 lvl 3 instances before they blow up, and only about 2 lvl 4 instances before they pop. And lvl 5 just forget it. I usually use quafe zero for a bit more speed, but its not really necessary, speed isn’t what gets me. I carry nano paste and ammo to cover explosive, thermal and emp damage types. Tracking is usually not an issue and neither is cap. Its cap stable with extra cap to spare for when you get neuted.

Alternate the rate of fire rig and armor plate to get best ratio of DPS / armor HP otherwise both will be lower due to diminishing returns. Use tracking script or range script as required, so I left it empty in the fit, use tracking structures for more tracking when needed.

Heres the armor fit

[Muninn, *Simulated Muninn]
Reactive Armor Hardener
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
400mm Steel Plates II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Computer II
10MN Afterburner II

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Projectile Burst Aerator II

Hobgoblin II x5

Hail M x600

Shield fit:

[Muninn, *Simulated Muninn]
Power Diagnostic System II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Medium Shield Booster II
10MN Afterburner II

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II

Medium Projectile Burst Aerator II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hail M x600

The shield fit obviously does better in weather that is better suited for shields then armor, does more DPS cause of more available lows and moves a bit faster. But it lacks the mids for a battery and web, so it takes full neuts and you really have to use towers or clouds to make the most of it. It does well against less then 5 battleships, more then 5 takes too long to kill, especially if 5+ are starving leshaks that force you to dip in and out of the neut range at least at start of the fight.

IMHO AB is better then MWD for speed tanking due to sig bloom, with resist penalties + sig bloom you really really take heaps of extra damage, not worth it.

I do not recommend using double armor rep on a Munnin, it has no rep bonus, use Deimos if you wanna do that. Use Vigilant if you wanna go double web.

1 Like

So… dont use EM ammo on them unless in at least lvl 3 electrical or cloud ?

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I hope we will see that stuff on eve-survival or similar site.

1 Like

If you have pulled those numbers from Hoboleaks they are inverted.

So resistance of 1.0 shown on Hoboleaks is actually 0% resistance, 0.8 shown on Hoboleaks is actually 20% resistance.

2 Likes

1.0 on hoboleaks means 0 resistance something like 0.35 means 65% resistance.it’s odd but thats the way of things

2 Likes

Think of it as “Multiply incoming damage by X.” Like multiply it by 1.0, or by 0.35, or whatever. So yeah 1.0 means 0% resist because it will do full damage.

Thanks for the clarification everyone!

I had a muninn fit intended for the em filament but I was starting to have doubts about it’s feasability if 100% em resists were so common! 0% on shields makes a lot more sense compared to many player ships.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.