Feedback Requested -- Abyss Ship Fit

Howdy All!

Apologies if this is simplistic! I’m trying to dip my tow into level 1 and 2 abyss runs, and was hoping for feedback on my fit. I’m worried I can’t do enough dps. Any guidance is appreciated!

[Omen Navy Issue, Wolfram]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

10MN Afterburner II
Tracking Computer II
Thukker Large Cap Battery

Focused Medium Pulse Laser II
Medium EMP Smartbomb II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin II x5

Thanks for your time!

Without throwing the fit into Pyfa, you should be somewhere in the 400-500 DPS range (discount the drones as they can easily get taken out by NPCs or automated defenses). On any hull other than a Gila think of them as an “added” bonus.

Is your fit cap stable? Instead of the medium smartbomb you may want to run a medium nosferatu (for leeching battleships). You will also probably be better served by a stasis web instead of the tracking computer (especially in Dark filaments).

For comparison, the fit I use takes 3-5 minutes to run each room in Calm, Agitated or Fierce Abyssal pockets. I’m delivering just over 633 DPS at present. Hope this helps.

I would also suggest a Federation Nay Web rather than a tracking computer, the reason for this is that a 60 percent reduction (14km range, 18km overheated) of the target’s speed benefit you more than 30-35 percent increase to tracking.

On a side note, you should also take a look at the Vigilant, most noticeable is the 90 percent Web(s) and if running dual webs you can make any ship go slower than a :snail:. :slight_smile:

You will have cap issues, dump the battery for a cap booster (npc neuts will be minimal in tier 1/2). Nosferatu and navy web as mentioned are also good ideas. With these changes I think it’ll handle all tier1/2, but the ship is not appropriate for tier 3 unless you bling it - but then the bling is MUCH better served on a hac or a pirate cruiser.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.