Actually Usable Fits With Oversized Weapons

Every once in awhile I like to theory craft various fits using oversized weapons just for the lolz. Almost always the fits have to sacrifice everything to fit the weapons and end up with no tank, awful DPS, and bad application. Most hulls using oversized weapons waste their bonuses as well.

It occurred to me that rapid launchers use missiles of a lower class and therefor could actually take advantage of hull bonuses even when oversized. I set out to create an oversized fit that while still pretty dumb, is actually usable in PVE combat if someone really wanted to meme around.

I present the rapid heavy Gnosis.

Stupidly expensive and admittedly only uses 3 rapid heavy launchers but still does considerably more missile DPS than a regular heavy missile fit.

[Gnosis, Oversized Gnosis]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
Shadow Serpentis Reactor Control Unit

Gistum A-Type 10MN Afterburner
Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Pithum A-Type Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Caldari Navy Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher
Heavy Missile Launcher II
Heavy Missile Launcher II

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

‘Augmented’ Hammerhead x5
‘Augmented’ Hobgoblin x5

Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x5000

EDIT:
I nearly forgot, the above fit requires all 4 genolution implants.

If anyone else has any usable oversized fits, feel free to share them in this thread.

2 Likes

nice find!

If you consider it oversize: There is an Ikitursa fit for the Abyss that uses an L-Smartbomb on a Cruiser Hull to enable the ship to run T6-Dark Filaments. Usually no turret ship can do that because of the huge range-penalty on turrets, but the Ikitursa with hits bonuses and the trig-gun-damage is able to handle single-big-HP-targets pretty well. It only has problems in rooms with many many medium and small size targets because of the long spool-up times. However the L-Smartbomb completely covers this downside. I tested it on Sisi and it actually can do pretty much all T6 Dark rooms.

Also: L-Neut Curse (lowsec/highsec only) uses a Heavy Neut on Targets up to 72+24km. Some Small Neuts only for defensive purposes to drain tacklers quickly. Can be used without implants, in this case the Damage Control must be switched out for another Reactor Control. It’s pretty deadly, especially in combination with a long-range fleet of T3-BCs and a Longpoint Lachesis.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.