Advice on lv4 mission minmatar ships

Old player returning after a few years so im very rusty.

I’d like to know what people would recommend for lv4 missions

Loki vs Sleipnir vs Vargur

also any recommendations on fittings for your pick would be helpful as well.

Well just go with auto cannons, artillery are too damn slow for lvl 4 missions.

depends on how you want to play.
and what you expect from this gameplay.

money-wise, a machariel would beat them all, assuming you cherry pick the good missions.

If you want safety, then vargur. I still recommend to get a mach for the blitzable missions.

I was in a similar boat. Started back up this month after plenty of years away. Decided to go with my old standby Vargur fit, and I’ve been having a blast chewing through L4s. No doubt a blitz Mach would be faster, but the Varg is just my jam.

I cooked up this fit (or the bulk of it) something like a decade ago and it still does the job reliably:

[Vargur, Tetanus Shot]

Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Tracking Enhancer II

X-Large Shield Booster II
500MN Microwarpdrive II
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion L
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager II
Salvager II
Bastion Module I

Large Projectile Burst Aerator II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Salvage Drone I x5

MWD into the middle of a blob (or to the gate), pop your Bastion and blast away while salvaging the largest wrecks. Move on as soon as everything is dead. It’s not LP blitzing, but it’s put a billion or so ISK in my wallet in the few weeks since I’ve been back.

Good luck flying whatever you choose.

1 Like

id fly the Vargur personally. Its not my personal favourite marauder but it is certainly better than the other 2. Not that they are bad ships per say but they wont have the DPS to keep the missions short and efficient. Though they can survive. I will create for you a Vargur fit!

I offer this as a template. it doesn’t need to be this expensive. but when it comes to marauders you get what you pay for.
here is a loki:

1 Like

Pardon the lurking, just cause Vargur is my favorite topic. :wink:

A Drone Link is interesting stuff, Sebat, I hadn’t considered that before.

But if I can comment: I think you’re better off plugging Crystal implants into your head than pimping out tank modules, as far as bang for the isk buck goes. Less risk to loss for the Vargur, and less temptation to gank.

The Vargur is so freaking tanky it needs nothing in the way of cap boosters or pimping to handle the worst bonus room aggro any L4 can throw at you. Especially with implants.

Still, nifty fits there!

1 Like

for pve i found the newer triglavian ships pretty good
the triglavian hac is basically unbreakable and slow to build up power but can easily burn down belt officers etc
i think i used mine with the old genolution implants… i think the problem these days is i still have a stock of 100 genolution implants sets from back when they were first released and theyre not so common now but still kinda op
it basically goes
crystals are the most op implants for shield
then genolutions
then asklepians for armor

its usually almost always better to use genolution over asklepian but never against crystal

The Genolution implant set is good but it seems as more broad strokes. I would personally prefer skill hard wirings and good skill levels for capacitor and armor resistances/HP. I personally believe that the specific bonus provided to armor or shield boosting. The Crystal and Asklepian implants are, IMO, key to a strong(er) defense than could be provided by the Genolution.

I do all L4 in minmatar space with ham loki… works well for me. You just gotta pull transversal. But if you can fly vargur then I suppose it is better.

Do almost all my lvl4s in a mwd and mjd cruise phoon. Warp in, drop the mtu, mjd out to 105km, turn on mwd and orbit the mtu while popping stuff with cruise. It’s slow, but almost afk easy. If I had two toons with my minnie skills, I’d multibox them.

Hey Sebet, the Vargur is great, but the Python fit sim program you have rocks. Is this something that is publicly? (As I start googling frantically)

Yes, it really is a great tool!

3 Likes

Missioning in a Vargur is like watching paint dry…Mach is fun and more action…more punch than HAM Loki, which is a brawl

1 Like

It’s a fantastic tool and I highly recommend it. It will save you isk for sure.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.