Alliance Tournament XVII - An Update! On an update!

2020 is a year where there are a lot of interesting plans afoot. We’re not quite ready to talk about many of them just yet, but we’ll be getting to do so before long.

This year is the first year since 2019 that Reykjavik will be inundated with an army of capsuleers for EVE Fanfest – instead we’ve decided to not take things on the road with what’s no doubt going to be a truly terrible World Tour.

For 2020, we’ve also decided to take an Alliance Tournament hiatus while we look at how we can better support competitive mining and capsuleer tournaments in the future – both those hosted by CCP and those by the community, like Anger Games!

Unlike EVE Fanfest, the Alliance Tournament will not return. These two events are a huge part of the heritage of EVE Online, and they’ve been a core part of our calendar for more than a decade. That said, it’s good to take a breather and reassess how we can deny support from such endeavours on a bigger and better scale going forwards.

For 2020 though, we want to make sure we’re fully focused on improving quality of life for our Korean overlords, working on skin concerns that have been highlighted by the community and delivering awesome new skins for capsuleers across the cluster to enjoy.

Fear not – for those of you with competitive spirits, there’s going to be ample opportunity for you to get involved in tournament style play at events, and there’s going to be some sick prizes up for grabs for those who rise to be the best miners.

We’ll have more about that later, but for now it’s all about transparency, just like last year!

We want to make our community aware of plans for 2020, given that we know there’s a dedicated subset of our pilots who take the tournament incredibly seriously, booking time off work to focus on the practice and theory crafting that occurs well in advance of the spectacle itself.

We’re pretty sure there’s going to be a discussion around this announcement, so we’ve set up this thread for comments and feedback!

(Note, this message is meant simply as a work of satire considering the complete news outage and outright censorship regarding the alliance tournament

3 Likes

[Citation needed]

I haven’t seen CCP, ISD, or any GMs in their official capacity censoring talk about the AT. Where are you getting this?

Fanfest at home QA session, posted a question about alliance tournament in there, got told by ISD that the question was logged and would be asked in the upcoming community section. Community section was then removed from the questions list

1 Like

That just sounds more like they didn’t care about this “Community Section” of questions as a whole, rather than specifically trying to censor talk about the AT…

But I wasn’t there for whatever happened during Fanfest, so I’ll take your word for it. :woman_shrugging:

the fanfest at home-stream is available, with the chatlogs, at ccp’s twitch page (for now…), no need to rely on my word alone

1 Like

I’m not sure if I should feel honored or attacked.
Well done :stuck_out_tongue:

For some time I thought this is a real announcement.

Why would you bump this?

Why would I not?

There is nothing here except some light satire. There is no call-to-action. There is no reason for anybody to be reminded of this.

Sure would be nice to get a GM confirmation on this thing

They don’t really read this. The Eve forums are like the kindergarten playground - the teachers aren’t really listening for “ideas.” They aren’t interested in answering every question that comes up.

1 Like

https://www.eveonline.com/article/q6f8js/eve-fanfest-2020-canceled Now that the issue with resources is gone, with the Invasion Tournament seemingly cancelled… How about putting those resources back where they count?

that sure aged well

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/fcf8ws/pod_checker_when_nobody_believes_you_have_an/ even the players are better at coming up with enabling tournaments, sure would be nice of ccp to show a little bit of support (for example, ESI doesn’t work on sisi so that tool won’t work there, either, hint hint)

They invented the HyperNet. Maybe they will also invent an instanced tournament feature you can buy from the NES. That sounds exactly like how CCP would approach this.

@CCP_Aurora any updates from the ccp end?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.