Alliance Tournament XVII

Overall was very disappointed with this ‘Big Announcement’ completely overhyped.
Yes Alliance tournament is good and should never have been killed by CCP originally.

However to overhype this announcement basically undid all the good work of starting it again.
Like many others I am starting to wonder what sort of priorities CCP has.

They got the hype, and excitement up (something sorely needed amid scarcity and the way they have been sh**ing on the playerbase for what seems like years) and wasted it with a live announcement about something niche (even if good) that started late followed by a 2min countdown onscreen for a less than a minute poor trailer.

I was hoping for so much more, and the sad part is if they ever get to actually something worth hyping they will get less attention from an unfortunately dwindling playerbase - who are all so invested in this game, that too often we care too much.

10 Likes

I’m glad this is coming back, it’s such a cool event created by both CCP as the player base. The non-haves raging about the (will) haves getting cool prizes makes it even better, HTFU and all that.

1 Like

When you are trying to catch falling knife so bad that you don’t mind chopping out your fingers. And in the and making very shocked face, wondering what went bad…

2 Likes

Hmu … so much secrecy about AT coming back, thank god we had no leaks that would be catastrophic for the game ,i rly cant imagine what would some people do if they knew AT was coming back . Lets all thank the csm for not braking the NDA .About the communication piece ,no need to hurry, people that saying that are leaving the game or unsub they are defiantly w8 for your announcement to come back .Also reading your statement makes me think there aren’t any new expansion patches coming , but you are going to fix the player base issues-overall content with a communication piece.Maybe you should promote TIS show so people can hear that everything is going great and ccp is doing a fine job blabla bla.

2 Likes

How about you fix the game.

6 Likes

Awesome. My corp and I are really excited to participate!

2 Likes

"Let’s see… we call no Catalysts and no Tornadoes. "

–Gadget remembers

3 Likes

we all wait more for the meme for this show from Squishy… more interesting then that fail
@Xtra_Squishy_lol

Because of these posts like these it is CCP is not talking to you …

For the A.T. i will watch it! Nice “Trailer”

1 Like

Thanks… I guess?

I mean come on man this is insane. Players are leaving in droves, null sec is stagnant and boring, the only new content you introduced (pochven) is STILL broken… And the few small groups that had the fortitude to withstand the constant bugs and exploits (that you still haven’t fixed btw) were served up to the bored big null blocks on a damn silver platter… until they couldn’t take it anymore and burned their own ■■■■ down

You’ve constantly nerfed everything into the ground. Surgical strike was (and still is) nothing but a huge pain in the ass. There is 0 reason to own a capital now because they’re insanely expensive to produce and it will take you a year of ratting with this dbs system to even pay for the damn things. J space is empty. Low sec is empty save for a few tiny systems. All of null is still in delve thanks to this convoluted ass sov system and people needing to prove how big their epeen is. High sec… Yea.

No new content. Nothing. No new missions for those people. No new capital sites or anything for people in null to do. No new nothing in how many years now?? But you guys expect us to get excited for a damned event that you cancelled so you could “work on new content” back in 2019. An event that is half coordinated by the players anyway!

The only reason most of us are here is the people we play with and those numbers are getting smaller everyday. This announcement created more hatred for you guys and disappointment than it created anything else.

26 Likes

Thx CCP will be exciting. Its ok to complain about things going wrong, but why do people even complain about good things. This bullshitism has to stop. Its annoying negativity.

PS; Again replied to wrong guy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You aren’t in an alliance though. Better join one.

1 Like

I can already tell you if that communication piece is anything other than announcing the end of scarcity you will be disappointed with the players response.

Ignoring the steaming mass of turd all over the game for a moment i do appreciate the ATs return.
Excited to see the new Mordus themed AT ship and i think it’s good that we’ll see some of the other hulls become available agian in the future.

I hope this is a sign that CCP is able to walk back on other poor decissions as well.

3 Likes

NO thank you. I have better things to do with my VERY EXPENSIVE ships.

2 Likes

Hold the line CCP:
The Creutzfeldt-Jakob deterioration is only going to get worse.

AT17 for Proving the love!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the AT being back. This was a fun thing for the community and it was a shame when it went on hiatus. I recall many people saying that the AT was never coming back and I am happy they were wrong.

I doubt I will be able to participate, but maybe I will be able to commentate. Thanks to CCP Aurora and the rest of the team for all their hard work to make this happen

3 Likes

The tournament format may be similar to previous years, however we feel like the updated point system and the exact rules (to be posted on Monday the 19th) will inspire teams to create fresh setups and broaden the potential Tournament archetypes.

2 Likes

So how you going to stop the cheating and colluding this time CCP? @CCP_Swift which I’m sure your time in PL will remember that well

@CCP_Aurora

5 Likes

Happy new fiscal year, fellow gamers!

Is anyone as excited as I am to see CCP leverage their synergies in the e-sports sector? As a member of the coveted 18-36 year old demographic, I can tell you that I’m absolutely stoked to see EVE emerge as a power-player in the professional gaming industry. I also can’t wait to see what kinds of cross-promotions this initiative will lead to. Gamer gear and snacks endorsed by the top competitors in the alliance tournament scene would be a surefire hit with the market segment comprised of first-world, middle-class consumers with disposable income, of which I am a member.

And who knows, maybe I’ll even take part in the tournament myself! It would definitely allow me to earn my chops as a competitive gamer, perhaps even enabling me to launch my very own streaming channel! And best of all is how easy it is to take part. All I have to do is purchase a few PLEX and/or skill point packages that are conveniently offered by CCP in the EVE Online Store, and in no time at all I can have my very own tournament-ready player character and enough ships and equipment to get me through a whole season! Skipping the grind and getting straight to the action…now that is taking gaming to the next level!

It looks like there are exciting times ahead for the EVE Online franchise that we all enjoy. Pushing the envelope with a paradigm shift toward the games-as-a-service model will definitely appeal to experience-driven consumers like us. Are you excited too? Make sure to share this great news with your friends and family on social media (and don’t forget to have cookies turned on in your browser)! Fly safe!

3 Likes

Looks like joining or creating an alliance won’t be necessary for the new AT.