Alliance Tournament XVII

So are we going to get any offers in eve store for the AT participants ? You know something with a catchy description like everything else you are announcing.

We are so so hyped for this. When the AT stopped everyone freaked out. Now, there is widespread happiness.

Stay Frosty Intel leak!! All strategies will be WINMATAR. Hurricane is the best ship in the game.

Also, @CCP_Swift, you guys should try to get that guy Elise Randolph to do commentary again! :wink:

Also also, very happy to see the Slasher wreaking havoc in the last two announcement videos!

3 Likes

Where did you see that?

They reference a ā€œmercenary ruleā€

When was the last AT?
Oh right, WhoTF cares.

CCP brains trust - Lets bring back AT, at a time weā€™re losing player confidence faster than you can flush away last nights curry

10 Likes

Dear CCP,

You did something that appeals to players that arenā€™t me. And thatā€™s a problem because what my friends and I want is obviously representative of what the player base as a whole wants. The key to saving Eve is simple -make sure that all development effort is designed to appeal to me personally.

Also, I realize that various devs have put in an extraordinary amount of UNPAID work into running ATā€™s in years past, and I really donā€™t how much effort some of you guys put into it this year (or how game development works for that matter), but Iā€™m bitter and looking for reasons to be angry. So, Iā€™m just going to assume that you brought the AT back because it was the laziest idea that you could come up with.

Please Get Fuck3d
Shipwreck Jones

P.S. I know people used to complain about the dev effort that went into designing AT ships that only tiny fraction of players would ever get to fly, but I invested in AT ships. So Iā€™m pissed that my investment might lose value now that you guys will start recycling AT ships. I donā€™t care if this is the best decision for the game as a whole, because it doesnā€™t benefit me personally.

17 Likes

I love you.

4 Likes

Right?! I couldnā€™t be happier! This is gonna be killer.

2 Likes

Lies!!! Lowsec is still kicking!!

Scarcity! Except Alliance Tournament ships. At a time when CCP is punishing the average player with ā€œscarcityā€, they need to dumb it down for the so called ā€œeliteā€ because alliance tournament ships are entirely way too difficult for them to obtain.

is the current eve generation so soft?

3 Likes

Of note, only two Frekis and not a single Mimir have been lost in PVP. We without a doubt require 50 more of each hulls to be introduced into the ecosystem. If thereā€™s anyone that requires the greatest amount of CCP hand holding, itā€™s certainly the nullsec ā€œeliteā€.

1 Like

Ohā€¦ Another announcement that doesnā€™t affect me whatsoever.

Back to winning I guess. Weird how this game projects itself like a major MMO but is basically a portfolio project compared to itā€™s competitors.

Image eve having 1 million players logged in, the opportunities for gameplay interactionā€¦ and it still would only be a fraction of what WoW has when that game is breathing itā€™s dying breaths.

For a game that is a capitalism simulator, itā€™s painfully obvious CCP doesnā€™t understand how to invest in itself.

4 Likes

So the Alliance Tournament has an official discord server but regular Eve Online doesnā€™t have one. :confused:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not good enough for this event :confused:

Two things

1. About time, seriously ! I loved AT
  2. I expected more from a big announcement etc.
    My reaction to the trailer was ā€œwait thats it?ā€
1 Like

Were they laid off from CCP to run the development of the AT tech and systems? :thinking:

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, your not good enough to be in it. And if risking one ship is an issue for you this is not your event either.

Happy to see the AT back. The announcement was a bit of a let down though since my reaction wasā€¦ that is it? Some of the channels I am in, this has some people took part in previous ATā€™s sub again. Because training and team session needs to get going. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CCP_Swift
Looking back through the previous AT ruleset, I noticed a glaring omission. There were no provisions for mining frigates, mining barges, exhumers or industrial command ships in the points list, nor in the list of prohibited ships.

Will there be a possibility of seeing battle procurers, porpoises and orcas entering the fray?

2 Likes

To @CCP_Aurora and team: Thank you for reviving an EvE classic !!!
Virtual flowers and fruit basket for you guys :grin:

4 Likes