Alliance Tournament XVII

I don’t agree, it’s not over untill we invade Jovian space against their will.
We should have a chat with Katia, shas been there.
She might be a bit reluctant but we have drugs and pills and boosters and and and… Other stuff

Thanks!
I’m not so much unaffiliated as inept, but that has worked in my advantage in the past (rarely).

The Jovians are all dead.

The Alliance Tournament takes place in Jove space, so it gets invaded every time the tournament is held.

1 Like

We aren’t after them, we are after their stuff. Also aren’t they the sleepers and to a somewhat lesser and more deranged extent drifters?
Also, even if they are dead, CCP is occupying their space and thus sitting on top of a like of stuff that we want.

Being invited sucks the fun right out of invading…
Goddamittohell

nobody asked for? are you serious? are you involved in the community outside the reddit and forum posts? we’ve been asking for return of AT since the day it left. maybe it’s not what you wanted, but be patient.

2 Likes

i was not saying that the AT was unwanted.

“they changed it nobody asked for.” ???

Maybe read it again

But i thought you couldn’t run the alliance tournaments for this very reason, man hours that could of been spent trying to fix the game lots of us play not the 1% who get to play in the Alliance tournament.

1 Like

They have perfected the game. There is nothing left to fix.

3 Likes

Thought scarcity was gonna end. Still seems more worth buying Plex than grinding now. Maybe that’s why they did the scarcity update

It was fun, then CCP started adding a plethora of limitations and special rules that made AT fights completely unrepresentative of actual PvP within the wider game. The year that logistics cruisers were banned wholesale was the last time I cared. Watching one fight with Typhoon’s using heavy remote shield drones might have been something different, but its was an sad abomination that no FC would even contemplate on a objective based battlefield of consequence.

If the AT had any integrity, every team would be given the same ships, fit the same way, so that people saw who were the better pilots, the better working as a team, rather than whoever brought the most stinky cheese, had the deepest pockets and the most number of renters farming officer drops.

I’m sorry to tell you this but that would be… and I quote:

1 Like

But that’s part of the game - who can come up with the best fits, who is willing to put the most on the line, etc. That’s as much a part of the game as the tactical skill and the like.

1 Like

Yeah, you got me there, I should have qualified that to ‘small gang’ or ‘roaming’ or whatever.

Next on the AT, the first of 8 quarter finals group matches of 18 hour long TiDi slugfests of 4000 titans dd’ing each other until the node crashes out.

1 Like

If I were better at searching up old eve stuff, I’d find the CCP Seagul quote about ISK not needing to be a factor in winning eve.

That’s the thing though - it doesn’t have to be isk. It’s as much time as anything else. But figuring out the fits and the like is also important.

2 Likes

So there won’t be a 90 billion ISK entry fee to enter the AT?