Dev Blog: Alliance Tournament 2018 - Rules and Sign-Ups

Hear ye!

Alliance Tournament is coming and in this blog you can find all the practical info on how to enter and what the rules are this year!

Let us know in this thread if you have questions about the tournament in general, and for any specific issues you need answered for your alliance, please contact the official tournament character introduced in the blog.

5 Likes

The quality of the image looks like it has been uploaded right after portrait creation …
… which means it was the lower quality copy saved immediately.

OR you forgot to turn on AA!

Funny. : - )

Thanks for the blog!

3 Likes

me thinks.
Where it says…
Signups are open until 2018-05-27 23:59 UTC. We will be offering places similar to last year, with the top 16 teams returning from AT XIV

should say… AT XV?

also…
Auction results will be announced on 2015-05-28?

1 Like

Says in the blog will be met with extreme prejudice.* but I couldn’t find the matching footnote to this.

CCP, why no juicy details???

Good job on providing a lot of info with that blog.

Anyway, been a while since I’ve followed the AT but I see spots can be secured and or bid on with PLEX.

How long has that been happening?

The new rules sound fking awesome.

1 Like

Pleased to see more options at different price points.

1 Like

It’s been going on a for a few years now. That in combination with the feeders is a nice mix of entry options.

2 Likes

Prize announcement when?

No AT ship prizes right?

1 Like

Very much looking forward to it again.

Some significant changes. They look good.

Has the winner’s bracket 1 game advantage of the Grand Final been removed? Otherwise that makes the re-use rule a bit insane in the Grand Final - it would give far too big an advantage to the team coming from the Winner’s Bracket.

Or you make it so the first win for loser bracket team in the Grand Final doesn’t ban any ships, your choice. Personally I think removing the game advantage is best - you already have the advantage of fewer fights and a lot less stress when you come from WB.

These rules look fun, hope prizes will be great.

1 Like

From reddit:

can we get a clarification regarding the feeders as I see a discrepancy in the article. The article says:

The final 32 positions in the tournament will be awarded based on feeder rounds using the AT XV rules (including a maximum team size of 10 pilots) but with minor differences.

But then later in the article it says:

The feeder round taking place on the weekend of June 9-10 2018 and will use these ATXVI rules with the following exceptions:

Are the feeders using last year’s ruleset or this year’s? It seems stupid to me to use last year’s.

You had better have been a member since may twentytwoth.

Thanks for spotting this. The correct statement is the following;

“The feeder round taking place on the weekend of June 9-10 2018 and will use these ATXVI rules with the following exceptions”

So yes, the feeder rules are based on this years rule set. The post will be updated as soon as possible.

3 Likes

In cases where two alliances represent one political entity in the game and wish to compete as one merged entity in the tournament, alliance executors

Is this limited to only two alliances, or could it be more? Like if someone wanted to make a team composed entirely of Gallente Militia guys from different alliances.

3 Likes

it’s the “red vs blue” rule so i’m sure you’d be able to do something similar as galmil

1 Like

Why no t2 or faction drones exactly? Aren’t drones supposed to be a viable primary weapon system? And what’s with the only 1 of any given ship rule anyways?

1 Like

Drones get bans because the meta gets super boring. And CCP has said many times, much of the rules are to keep fights interesting to watch.

Honestly just Ishtars, vexors, VNIs and domis gets old.

1 Like

That wasn’t the case last year when t2 drones other than sentries and rep bots, were allowed back in for the first time in a few years.

I agree with no t2 drones, but the argument that it would just lead to mass drone meta isn’t so straight forward. Drones don’t apply damage immediately and last year showed that the lag involved in the travel of drones has significant disadvantages.

2 Likes