Alliance Tournament XVI: Rule Revisions & Clarification Thread

Hi,

This thread is to announce any clarifications or rule changes made for Alliance Tournament ATXVI.

Clarifications and rule changes will also be updated in the official rules [here.] at the soonest possibility.

Thanks,

IGC

1 Like

To clarify the use of Flagships during the final two series of matches.

Flagships will be allowed to continue to evade bans, both the targeted ones, and the ones accumulated by the during the following rule;

For these two series, any time a team wins a match they will not be allowed to bring any of the ship types they fielded in that match for the rest of the series. The losing team in each match will be free to bring the ship types they lost with again if they wish.

So the Flagship will always be an option until it is destroyed.

4 Likes

How about the one game advantage for the team coming from the winners bracket? Does that still exists and if so, isn’t that a double advantage considering the no-reuse-rule leads to the losers bracket team needing to win their final match with 9-10 more ships banned than the wb-team would?

2 Likes

To clarify, there are no planned changes to this rule at this time.

1 Like

What about fielding a non-flagship variation of a hull in the same series after fielding and winning with a flagship? AS in, can a team field a flagship variation of a tribal tempest, win with it and then bring a “normal” tribal tempest later on in the series?

2 Likes

Is there any plan to extend the deadline to be in an alliance to be eligible to compete, similarly to how the deadline to register was extended?

2 Likes

You still have yet to mention whether the 1 game advantage is gone or not. Surely you see how broken of an advantage the team from the Winner’s Bracket will get in the Grand Final?

2 Likes

This is to clarify that Heavy Warp Scramblers are allowed to be upgraded on flagships as well as Warp Scramblers.

Thanks!

IGC

Hi IGC Alliance Tournament,

Can we, if we wish, use a Limited Issue Battleship (for example State Raven) as Flagship?
I do not see any lines that specifically states we cannot use them as Flagship. If I missed something please correct me.

Thank you.

Is it a battleship? If yes, you can use it as a flagship

We are registering the Battleship Yamato as our flagship! Comes with Yamamoto Isoroku’s Modified 460MM howitzers

great choice

2 Likes

We can confirm that a Limited Issue Battleship is a valid Flagship choice.

Thanks!

IGC

That’s a good choice. But I’ll take the Arcadia over the Yamato every time.

Will Abyssal Cap Batteries be allowed on flagships? asking for clarification since those modules are just being released

Well because you can’t bling cap boosters or cap batteries, I’m gonna let you figure that one out on your own

are 500mn hics going to be allowed this year?

they were banned last year, but the rules don’t mention them

1 Like

Considering it has been classified as completely unintended behaviour, i personally wouldn’t take the risk of EXPLOITING in a CCP event thats also streamed live Alliance Tournament XV: Rule Revisions

Good catch, we had missed adding the extra text from that rule change last year into the rules directly this year.

The same rule regarding 500mn hictors that was used last year continues to apply: players are not allowed to activate unscripted WDFG modules

Hey folks. Big thanks to everyone who has provided feedback on the rules, especially the discussion around the final day rule twist.

After consideration we have made an adjustment to the final day rules variation to somewhat moderate the advantage provided to the team coming from the winners bracket.
The list of ships that teams cannot bring because they won with them previously will now reset both after each series AND before the 4th match of the grand final. This means that in the 4th match of the grand final series all ships (other than those banned with the normal 3 per team bans) will be available for use once again.

The dev blog with the rules has been updated accordingly.

1 Like