Alpha account access to skills, ships and equipment

(Uriel the Flame) #61

Well I’m quite certain most exotic dancers can perform on a ladder too not just poles and also just as surely they can perform with snakes as well… or other animals… might as well with Fedos if the client can pay the expenses or has one of their own the exotic dancer can borrow. :smirk:

(Daichi Yamato) #62

But new alphas aren’t sticking around.

When alphas were made there was a small increase in player activity and then a drop. Alphas have not actually lead to more people playing.

What looks like has happening is that omega players are unsubbing and playing the game as alphas. Hence there needs to be a bigger divide between alpha and omega to encourage subbing, or to discourage unsubbing rather.

Hence the idea of taking away the big sticks but giving them better small sticks.

(March rabbit) #63

Yes we want more players. But it’s not the kind of player who just logs in once a week for an hour and then leave. We want more involved players. Players who spend time and effort in the game. Content creators or at least supporters.

Alpha has nothing with it. I you only play the game because it’s f2p and leave as soon as you reach top level of free play (read: hit paywall) then you are not that kind of player we want CCP to care about.

(Aves Asio) #64

You cant treat people like second class citizens and expect them to commit

(Lexie Huren) #65

That’s a fair point. Are you talking about the skill and equipment gap, or the tone that conversations sometimes have around here?

(March rabbit) #66

Second class or not they are different from payed and playing players. They only provide ideal and theoretical benefit while costing real money.
They have nothing which can keep them login if they don’t feel it. They can leave at any moment to newly released game.
The only hope is that one day some of them decides to stay and start to bring money. Other that that they provide content for others. That’s it.

So yes, if you want to be treated as “first class citizen” then go Omega and play.

(Uriel the Flame) #67

If you pay enough you can become a… Star Citizen

ba dum robs

:face_with_monocle:

(Humongous Trithead) #68

I agree with the OP Alpha’s need more skills I am glad to say CCP has this covered, for a small contribution each month either with cash or plex and you to can have all the skills you will ever need.

(Rocket Hellfire) #69

CCP promised that Alpha was only double the skill time… then this. then that… then this… then that…
CCP is about as honest as Alex.
P2W. Loot boxes. What’s next?

(Aves Asio) #70

Why should they?

Because its an advantage?

Do you really want those kind of players?

(Jonah Gravenstein) #71

Seeing that number would be interesting, I’m currently alpha myself.

Although as I’m kinda taking a break the only plus point of alpha status is that I can shitpost on the forums.

(Daichi Yamato) #72

Likewise for most of my accounts. At one point it was all of them. I can still support myself and have fun in faction warfare and i can still fly a rattler in missions (although the lack of sentries hurts)

(Residium Fall) #73

It could with a little tweaking imo, they’re very much focused towards PVP and it seems like you could open them up a little better to indy and trade in particular, but probably a few more options for PVE and mining as well without really breaking anything. Not sure I’d be entirely happy with how narrow the isk making opportunities are if my only account was F2P.

Somehow these F2P characters feel more valuable to established players with Omega accounts as throwaway characters to dickabout with.

(sesanti) #74

Less skills please. Remove the ability to fly / fit high-sec ganking ships, so that the gankers are forced to use slots on their main (PAID) accounts to do it, instead of recycling free accounts with no risk whatsoever.

(Avaelica Kuershin) #75

There is a major problem with that in that destroyers, which are widely used in ganking, are also an important part of any progression. Stealth bombers are already unavailable for alphas.
Now you may have a case against the use of ABCs by alphas.

(Copper Rei) #76

What a can of worms.
They whole concept of free to play was perceived as crap from the get-go. And it has proven to be just that. Crap.
CCP tried to bring in dollars by opening up the game to free to play folks and has it worked? Doesn’t look like it.
Cut your losses and run. Drop the Alpha and go back to pay to play.
In my opinion, cutting the current monthly cost to 12.99 on a month to month basis or 9.99 on a tri-monthly basis would do more to retain committed players and keep new players.
There have been lots of folks discussing the cost and it seems to me that the majority are in agreement that the cost of a single fast food meal isn’t too much to pay for such a great game.