Alpha and Omega should have their names swapped around

I’m pretty much sure I said we should be following the naming convention of pack behaviour…

It was. But the alpha animal theory is a very simplistic model that doesn’t actually capture usual pack dynamics. Hence why it’s an outdated theory that was invented by people who didn’t understand what they were looking at.

1 Like

…those god damn Θ.

Also I’m pretty sure the Alpha and Omega names here are a carry over from the old clone grades.

3 Likes

Yes, it is the naming convention of previously removed clone insurance grades. Omega held the most SP.
http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/inventory.php?group_id=23

So Alpha and Omega clones doesnt have their names swapped.

2 Likes

W.S. R&J, Act II sc II, 45-46

What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

1 Like

except this while “alpha male” of pack behaviour is BS. Very often it’s an alpha female. Also alpha means it is the one in charge of protecting the pack, not that he has more rights than the others. So yes alpha needs to eat more because otherwise it can’t fulfill its role.
But making it a valuation is completely BS, it comes from a human-centric view that tries to force its own author’s misconceptions about life into animals who can’t answer him, and actually don’t give a single fock.

The male and female co-dominate the new pack for a much simpler, more peaceful reason: They’re the parents of all the pups.

sources included in the article.

There was a reason to upgrade your clone :slight_smile: me. I do miss all those angry mails I got about how it will take 40 days or whatever of training to fly their “ship” again . Happy memories.

5 Likes

You know the whole thing about alpha wolves or alpha dogs is complete nonsense right? Utterly discredited. Not a real thing.

(Hah someone beat me to it)

Oh to be young, ignorant and blissfully unaware… black/white/black/white/black/white/black/white

Monday morning grumps…

Who said anything about that sexist shite?

The Alpha is the big, tough protector. The Omega is the runt of the group.
This is simple observed fact and obvious to anyone who has studied animal interactions in some depth.

It’s only been ‘debunked’ by woke people pushing some BS agenda…

Revelation 1:8 (KJV)

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

…and speaking of saviors…

3 Likes

This is actually debunked by people who studied the animal interactions.
This is just BS.

You can’t apply the “alpha male” concept to human people, unless you are literally as stupid as a chimp.

Which is a pretty good definition of the average ‘alpha’ human male…

alpha and omega basically means the beginning and the end

tumblr_o47ouoqbol1si3gq6o2_400

1 Like

Chimps are now having a giggle. Unless you will suggest that Jane Goodall is stupid, in which case they will ROFL.

1 Like

And the earth has two poles, your argument is invalid.

That wasn’t what I was referring to, I was referring to your claim that the alleged alpha omega relationship in dogs was more widely known than the Greek alphabet.