Alright, given a first glance at the current implementations on sisi, the mobile observatories are a joke.
They screw over bombers more than they do mess up AFK cloaking, and the current implementation is a bit of a joke to script around, so if we don’t really want to have even more bots we should take a look at this kind of implementation.
As such, I would suggest the following:
- First 30 minutes of entering a system by any means other than logging in you are immune to decloaking (current decloak mechanics apply), now referred to as purple timer for color’s sake
- Every time you recloak you gain 10 minute of purple timer
- To decloak you need IHUB with sov 3, then you can install a Mobile Observatory (destroyable structure like everything else, max 3 per system, normal anchoring rules apply, not nearby any other structures)
- You can open the mobile obs, you trade it ~15 mil worth of items (salvage equipment for example, small volume), in return the mobile obs will trade you 8 covert detection probes
- Probes have a lifespan of 10 minutes after being transferred to the cargo
- Probing works the same as ship probing, you load them in an expanded launcher, common buffs to the probes with skills & implants apply
- Upon successful probing down a ship (friendly or hostile) it will decloak the ship and apply a 5 minute debuff in which the ship cannot recloak. It will also apply a 15 minute logoff timer to both the scanned target and the scanner
- A successful probe will not give you a warpable location of the ship, for that you need to use combat probes
This method aims to increase the amount of cat & mouse without totally messing up bombing squads that are sitting at their computer but need to wait for the perfect time to strike. Active hunters can also go to a safe, momentarily cycle the cloak to regain the purple buff for 10 minutes and go back to hunting.
Also moving hunters gain a buff since the initial purple timer of entering a system would be 30 minutes.
Cost of the deployables towers could remain the same, these don’t need to cost much tbh.
Leave feedback in the comments!
- Readability improvements