Alternatives to the tengu/rattle for 10/10 serp shipyards?

I’m currently running primarily serpentis Havens in my VNI and have been selling my Serpentis shipyard escalations, but would like to try and actually run them.

I have been proposed tengu fits by most people, but since I have 0 skills in both caldari and missiles that would take ages, so I was hoping someone had suggestions for alternative ships to use?

Im not rly sure where to start, and would like to just experiment but investing tons if skill-time just to find out my idea was undoable would suck. Been googling around but cant really find anything that isnt just a tengu guide, or really old guides for battleships.

rattle is okeysih. did some and was easy.

Be sure to have sentries and mjd, so you can shoot the structure from 70+km; also this will most likely require drone link augmentor strategy is : shoot everything, take middle gate, mjd above the structure, shoot everything, kill structure(will take some time).
You can do it with basic drones and rapid heavy but being at 70km prevents it from repairing, so much less time.
I think you can be 70km with scripted missile guidance+ drone link.you need to shoot it from 70+ then launch your drones (if your drones engage it it will start repping). First time I did it I did not have the range. used like 10 clips to shoot it .

Btw you will get webbed a lot, if you are not your drones are and will take big damage. take some spare drones.

If you need to travel, prepare a scout. Then prepare mjd+MWD+cloak + WCS for MWD cloak if no bubble, MJD cloak if sabre lands on you and you didnt see it in your scout. mobile depot will be mandatory, unless you have citadel in system.

Thanks for the thorough answer!
Might have been a bit vague, but was looking for something not a rattle or tengue due to the whole caldari+missiles ^^ Will definitly keep it in mind if I dont find an alternative, the rattle should at least be less time to train than the tengu.

Hi

Since you are doing serpentis the armageddon navy issue should be another option. I fitted one and will be testing it on a site soon:

3 x Heat sing II
Capacitor Power relay II
2 x Armor Thermal Hardeners II
Core B type Large Armor repairer
Core X Type Large Armor repairer

3 x medium capacitor booster II with cap booster 200 charge
500 MN II MWD

6 x True Sansa Mega pulse laser
2 x Medium energy nosferatu

1 x large nanobot accelerator I
2 x large nanobot accelerator II

5 x Ogre II
5 x vespa EC-600

Might drop 1 of the medium energy nos and replace with 7th true sansa if tank is ok. Given that armor is naturally resistant to thermal and amarr do EM+thermal damage i look forward to testing my fit in action.

FYI

Neat idea. The nos are just to help keep cap up for tank right?
Very interested in hearing how that works out for you.

I dont think this would be good vs ded10 serpentis.
first the lasers are less efficient on the serps than eg scourge cruise. or rails.
secondly using two armor rep is not really worth it. if you look at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P2xc87-FtCJtHgkaGIf7MgTguJtUPj6fKZuJi9gcElA/edit?amp;amp;usp=sharing#gid=0 you’ll see that x-type is more efficient than the b-type. you can use a reactive armor hardener
thirdly you will need a mjd. ded10 serp will web you up to 60km

armageddon rail/sentry
[Armageddon, rail n  sentry]
Corpus X-Type Large Armor Repairer
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Reactive Armor Hardener

Large Micro Jump Drive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Target Painter II
Cap Recharger II

425mm Prototype Gauss Gun
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Caldari Navy Warden x5

Lead Charge L x2200
Antimatter Charge L x2000

3 cap mods, 4 tank mods, 3 apply mods. mjd off, use lead+sentries on small fries, then AM+sentries on bigger (once bigger is @40km - further and lead are more efficient). You should have 600 ish ehp/s stable vs serps

I did the Serpentis 10/10 in a Myrmidon.

Use 4x Warden and 4x Orge and a mjd. Very easy.

…will be the perfect gank magnet.

Intriguing, will have to look into that, would be so much easier to skill into.
Any chance you would share the fit? ^^

Ishtar handles it fine. Just need to manage drone aggro. On mobile but

Drone link augmentor

Pith x large shield booster
Pith x thermal
Pith x kinetic
Republic fleet large battery

Dda
Dda
Dda
Dda
Tracking link
Tracking link

Thermal rig
Thermal rig

Swap flux coils for tracking links as needed for capacitor. Might need an ee-602

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.