Am I wasting my time?

Ahoy, fellow capsuleers! I’m studying for production, and I’m looking at skills like ‘Defensive Subsystem Technology’ where under the ‘Required For’ tab in the information window, I see blueprints and such only requiring level 1 training. I’m wondering if there are any reasons unknown to me for skilling it up beyond level 1. I can imagine it increasing production efficiency and whatnot, but I’ve’nt been able to find any definitive sign of that in-game, nor any info about it ANYWHERES :weary: Could any of you help me out with this?

1 Like
  1. this should go in industry
  2. each invention required skill increases the % chance for invention success.

hacking-requiring skills add 3, sleeper encryption add 3, other skills add 4, to the base-120 skill multiplier
in the second screen,

• base is 21 (from BPC),
  • sleeper encryption adds 3×4=12,
  • hydromagnetic does not require hacking so adds 4×5=20,
  • defensive does not require hacking so adds 4×3 = 12,

total 21×(120+12+20+12)/120=28.7% SUCCESS PROBABILITY PER RUN.
Going from 1 to 5 on the defensive subsystem would go from 27.3% to 30.1% so a multiplication of average invention cost by 0.907 => -9.3% invention cost.

Note that the invention cost includes decryptor, BPC, datacore, time, hauling, storage, and job installation, costs.

2 Likes

Whoa Stefnia, thank you! You offer so much detail, and so quickly that I feel bad for asking… Makes me feel like crap. I get the essentials of what you’re saying, it seems I’d better make sure to maximize my success chance if I wanna make inventions worth while. Thanks again and take care! :blush:

3 Likes

Don’t. Better ask and get an obvious answer than don’t dare and keep a wrong opinion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.