AMA - CCP Acquisiton by Pearl Abyss! Starts at 16:30 UTC!

Hush :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t open that Door.

Obviously Pearl Abyss wants CCP to be profitable and people are worried that change needs to happen to satisfy PA.

My question: Is the current income/financials/profitability ‘good enough’ to keep big daddy PA off your back?

Thanks Falcon.

1 Like

Reading through these forums there is so much hostility to all this. CCP have a real job of not letting people panic over the the end of the virtual world. I think its going to be a wait and see what happens not what anyone may fear what could happen. There is nothing to fear but fear its self.

Hilmar et al sold their shares.

What happens when the grass does not grow enough to produce 425 million litres of milk, i hate asking the direct questions but someone has to.

1 Like

Till now just Bigtime Damage Control and NO DATA AT ALL!!!

2 Likes

never heard of it

Really? Might be more a matter of perspective. I’ve seen 4, maybe 5 hostile posts. A dozen dumb ones. But for the rest pretty open, constructive even, and understandable questions. Across various topics combined.

2 Likes

I already know the answer because CCP Rattati has already said in the Dust Vets Discord but for the peeps here ‘Will this effect Project Nova in any way?’

Also, what the best way to keep my :popcorn: getting too salty reading this AMA?

so was it ccp decision and not novator

1 Like

So apparently PA are going to be hands off with EVE and CCP (not sure I entirely believe this) if this is true why are you so excited about the new owners? whats making it exciting?

5 Likes

Ok, but pls address balance changes and future development and this acquisition
Thanks

Do you honestly feel that PA will have any effects on the lore, @CCP_Falcon ?

In the past we’ve had events like Jamyl’s assassination, which at least a segment of the more lore inclined players disagreed with. One fear I guess I have is that steps are taken to basically curtail the rich background story of this game with events more to appeal to the masses as opposed to telling a story. I ask this with things such as Shakor attending the Coronation, ect where it could be perceived that lose ends are being at least attempted to be tied together. I’m honestly also a little curious if they’ve had their hands in the overarching story in recent times, though I kinda doubt it.

This game definitely is more about the story we create as players, but after all its had multiple novels written for its background story. It has some place in the game even if the focus hasn’t set it at the forefront.

2 Likes

If the deal goes sour will we as the player base have a chance to buy back our beloved game?

1 Like

If I had to guess, the old investors may not have been so hands-off in what they wanted CCP to do with the game honestly - some of the MTX things we already have seen like corporate-derived developments (not that I even know though :slight_smile: )

What do you believe is the benefit to the Players (if any) of this aquisition?

1 Like

For a total buyout, as far as I’m aware, it’s majority rules.

And from the last time CCPs financials were public, Hilmar was a minority shareholder.

Is there a desire, or will there be opportunity for, the BDO and Eve communities to collaborate together on events (ingame or real life)?

Is there plans for cross-over storylines?

What aspects of the merger are you personally excited about?

If you’re asking for personal opinion there’s a few things:

Not being owned by financial investors is great - being owned by a GAMING company means that they’re more interested in how we develop rather than the bottom line. I think a lot of people at CCP that I’ve spoke to are feeling a lot better about being owned by a company that’s in the games industry.

Knowledge exchange is also up high on my list - I want us to be able to work together for the betterment of all our titles. I’m sure there’s a shitload that we can learn from eachother.

I think it’s also super cool that we might be able to reach more people in Korea and the Asian Market in general with EVE.

Honestly, on a personal level I don’t really see any downsides to this. Pearl Abyss seem cool, super open to the way we do things, and very respectful of CCP and how we operate.

12 Likes

The ccp plans publish new eve comics or books in the future?