AMA - CCP Acquisiton by Pearl Abyss! Starts at 16:30 UTC!

WIll this acquisition change the relationship CCP has with +10 gaming?

No, we still plan to work with the community, for the community.

Also, can you promise that Alliance Tournament ships will NOT be re-released as anything else than prizes for competition?

There’s no reason why we’d do this on TQ, and suggesting it is madness.

People are super worried about “pay to win” becoming a thing in EVE - That’s not the plan, and not something we want for the game.

While it’s funny to meme on the subject, you guys really need to chill a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

What kind of “proof” do you expect?

I mean no disrespect, but can you tone down the marketing speak a bit? Please keep in mind that a lot of EVE players aren’t exactly school students or unemployed. They dig up the Financial Statements, they monitor your ARPU, they collect Investor briefs. Heck some of them receive those. Just as an example.

Please?

Do not think they do not tackle PA the same way. There is demonstrable evidence that PA has distinct plans on market reach and monetisation. There is a consistancy in their decision timeline that is impressive, even if the discrepancy between what they tell that which they buy and what they do is shocking. It is business.

Yes, your numbers looked pretty decent. But let’s not forget that it took quite a bit of work, and some corners.

PA is a publicly traded investment management company whose primary sector of interest in the games industry. I hope to god you are not going to claim that you are now no longer owned by financial investors.

You still are. Just different investor relations. More direct ones.

3 Likes

I’m hooked in this game and would like to continue in its current form for the long run, what do you think this acquisition will bring to the actual game?

1 Like

@CCP_Falcon are you sure u not a machine. You do a AMA AND released September Deployment notes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: here a beer :beers:

1 Like

If you have come looking for absolute proof rather than a statement of good intentions you are guaranteed to walk away unhappy.

Will PA force their marketing behavior into EvE Online? Will there be further microtransactions?
Everyone who took a slight look at BDO knows what I am talking about.

Pearl Abyss have been super direct that they don’t want to roll in and change how we develop and run EVE.

11 Likes

Hi,

I noticed in the interview with Robin Jung, that he mentioned he was at the last fanfest. Did he get into the middle of things and walk the floor talking to people or was he just VIP’d around and didn’t get to interact directly with the players?

4 Likes

The Judge seemed like cool dude too before he sold CO2 Keepstar to Goons, with everything inside. Thanks, I will just wait and see what happens actually. It will be fun, hehehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

…and that’s not exactly saying it will not happen, you are leaving a door open in that carefully worded statement.

@CCP_Falcon on a scale of 1-10 how much do you love answering the same question over and over again? lol

3 Likes

Sign the agreement who they mention they will nto ad more micro transcation model in eve online, sign in front of some lawyer. Beacause in some country it’s enought to break the deal. Just in case of …

Yet. You CCP guys really have no first hand experience at actually playing BDO extensive enough, do you?

1 Like

So with the purchase does it look like EVE will be able to use the extra financial backing that PA already has on its own existing projects to help improve EVE and make it even more profitable? Or will EVE still be operating under its own revenue only

Can you approximate what level of new investment will come to EVE with the acquisition?

Will we see more development, art, etc, as a result of the acquisition?

EVE playerbase is small if anything theyd want to increase it a bit than kill it off

@CCP_Falcon
lets be honest a lot of us has tried Black Desert Online and YOU DO SEE the concern right???

8 Likes

another question from me

what happens if you dont meet the profit targets set by pa
will they liquidate ccp or maybe liquidise them

Since when did you decide to sell CCP?

Not sure how long we’ve been considering it to be honest - initially I think it was just “let’s look for more investment!” which is what privately owned companies do all the time.

Then we ran into Pearl Abyss and were like “these dudes are pretty cool, let’s go the whole hog!”

And why to Pearl Abyss?

They’re the right fit, as we’ve said in a few places.

Has “Into the Abyss” etc. anything to do with the sale?

haha - not that I’m aware of. Happy coincidence that the names match up as far as I know.

Thank you.

NP!

Do you know what an incentive structure is? That’s exactly what the release specifies.

2 Likes