AMA - CCP Acquisiton by Pearl Abyss! Starts at 16:30 UTC!

CCP is strongly icelandic company now. Will it be icelandic company in the future too?

1 Like

They’ve made ONE (1) MMO, and one where every damn thing is monetized at that too.

3 Likes

I think they are switching to a viking company instead

Will you consult every change in game with PA now? Or maybe PA already gave you a list of changes to implement? :thinking:

They’ve given us no list of things to change, and they’re not looking to interfere with how EVE is developed.

Pretty simple to be honest. They seem like cool dudes.

7 Likes

Is this stipulated in the business deal CCP is signing with AP for the duration of the term and if so is it possible that this clause could be renegotiated after the term is up?

1 Like

Two companies two different operating stratagies, BDO dev’s ignore player base and do what they want with no regards for anyone massive p2w, CCP dev’s interaction all the way CSM fanfests all over the globe etc etc, how can you allay our suspicions that things are going to stay the same, say I have a five year plan for Eve is it worth me continuing my plans will Eve even be around in 5yr?

2 Likes

Cool dudes who 100% own you will still make changes as they see fit

3 Likes

So no boob jiggle physics for Aura then? Shame.

4 Likes

How does Pear plan on monetizing EVE in the future?

They don’t. CCP is developing EVE Online and Pearl Abyss have been super direct that they don’t want to interfere with how we run things.

How will CCP adapt to being owned by a company that appears to disregard its player base’s feedback?

See above, it’s just business as usual for us - we just have different owners. Now we’re owned by gamers instead of financial investors.

12 Likes

What are you - poor?

Here’s the main thing that people keep on missing.

CCP haven’t sold a thing. (right now)

CCP has been owned by outside companies for a long time now. Like Novator Partners. They’re the people who sold.

17 Likes

Difference between investors and owners

1 Like

WAIT, they don’t make a MMO, they make a PAY TO WIN game who is different. In a MMO you want a maximum number of people, on a P2W you want whale. It’s different. .

In the past a lot of acquisition proof thing change after 1year and liquidiation of every people who disagree new master. And it’s tehe truth not only in video game. So did a PA legal represent sign a peace of paper who they write explicit : we will not make P2W to Eve Online ?

3 Likes

not really? investors own a stake in the company. Otherwise they wouldn’
t be investing would they? :stuck_out_tongue:

And PA is like PL ? Coincidence ? I don’t think so… Falcon said us the truth … the North buy CCP to don’t looze the North WAR ? THIS IS IT ?

Congratulations firstly.

Thanks, we’re all pretty stoked about the whole thing tbh.

I’m interested in finding out if you’re able to share what this Acquistion is likely to mean to existing projects that have discontinued development (such as Eve: Valkyrie/Spark) and unreleased but under development projects, such as Nova and “the unnamed other” project?
Will we likely see anything pertaining to their future soon as well?

There’s no plans to change any of our roadmaps for any of our titles due to the sale of CCP. Nothing really else to say here, we’re just focusing on EVE, which was the comment we gave after we scaled back on VR late last year :slight_smile:

Secondly, is this likely to effect the developing story in the Eve Universe in anyway?

I think it’s too early to say, really - Personally I hope so, I’d love to write more. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lastly, will this effect CCP’s support for community events and meets (like the global fanfest initiative)?

If you mean in a negative way, nope. Pearl Abyss have been super flattering when they’ve talked about how we engage with our players. If anything it seems like they want to learn from us, and the close bonds we’ve created with our players.

10 Likes

Yes they do. The company I work for was a market leader in our field and nothing but profitable, yet we were bought.

Ultimately the buying company re-branded several of their other subsidiaries under our name and made us bigger. We now have access to opportunities that would have never been possible without the acquisition.

3 Likes

All the negative hype over nothing. I knew this was gonna be a great plan for CCP. Congratulations, and hope for a bright future with PA and CCP.

Chicken Little seem to think that:
a) all the CCP management were fired
b) PA has replaced CCP
c) PA are going to make EVE just like BDO

CCP is saying:
a) hey we’re all still here
b) PA has merely replaced our old owners (did you think we were independent before?)
c) everybody is interested in keeping EVE as EVE, and that’s why PA paid $425m btw

1 Like

I think it summarize a lot of question and intergotation player have. But we need proof and not only "they said ":confused:

3 Likes