AMA - CCP Acquisiton by Pearl Abyss! Starts at 16:30 UTC!

If I remember correctly the VCs had majority and CCP wasn’t eligible for public trading.

1 Like

What is the mood in the offices since the announcement?

Guard, Falcon. Personally are you two upbeat or nervous or both for these changes? Not the company line, the bottom line for you two.

Can we expect changes to player events such as Fanfest and Eve Vegas as a result of this change?

m

6 Likes

That’s the dream.

Will there ever be items that can only be bought with money, that gives a player any advantage?
Like Pay2Win.

There’s no plans at all for us to change how we monetize EVE in any significant way - pretty much business as usual for us.

Pearl Abyss have been pretty direct with us, and the public about the fact that they want us to keep having complete control over how we treat EVE and its community. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

It begins :eyes:

5 Likes

My question to CCP is: what can you do to dampen the doomsday atmosphere Eve Online players currently have for this acquisition?

2 Likes

Can they write it on a peace of paper in front of a French “notaire” so we can litterally close th’yere society in EU if they lie ? I think same could be done in US :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How much money was earned by CCP 2017 and how large was the profit?

This really isn’t the venue for us to be talking about financials and stuff like that - we’re more focused on making sure that community concerns are answered.

What I can say though from my own personal point of view is that I have no worries in that respect about EVE.

Internally, CCP is VERY transparent with revenue numbers, and things are looking super sweet.

It’s just the right time for us to change owners to someone that suits where we’re trying to take things, that’s all.

5 Likes

So you haven’t spoken with PA’s publishers for their experiences :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

so its quite simple what have they asked for u to change???

2 Likes

This is exactly the venue for this. AMA right?

Don’t you mean extractors?

We’ll answer absolutely everything we can; we’re happy to share all the information we have at this stage.

only the second answer and you swept this under the rug

3 Likes

Can we expect to see the CSM to be disbanded, under PA managment ?

3 Likes

Can CCP guarantee that they will remain independent now and in the years to come? Is it possible CCP can be leaned on to implement features that current Eve players would consider p2w?

1 Like

Sharing internal financials isn’t a thing that can be done easily by a private company lol, they’re not obfuscating it

1 Like

Were there others interested investors? Did you believe Pearl Abyss was the best choice?

Not really our place to talk specifics, but yes, and the attention was very flattering - at least in my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

Pearl Abyss was the best choice because they love making MMOs, just liike us, and have a similar sort of vision for creating huge-ass virtual worlds.

5 Likes

nvm zzz

I feel somehow that a profitable company doesn’t sell it’s entire business to a third party. That’s just my opinion though.

They have obligation to publish it, answer could be found by google research