AMA - CCP Acquisiton by Pearl Abyss! Starts at 16:30 UTC!

Who gonna have the final OK about put new micro-transaction in game? Pearl or CCP?, like if Pearl ask you to put new stuff you have to do it or you can say no?

1 Like

Thatā€™s internal finances stuff that we canā€™t just dump on a forum or weā€™d have our internet disconnected probably :slight_smile:

Actuallyā€¦you should know, itā€™s only fair. The numbers are as foll

8 Likes

I mean EVE Seoul would be pretty amazing.

Weā€™d have to host it in Gangman though, thatā€™s my only condition.

Coincidentally, itā€™s now 18:44 and Iā€™ve been listening to Gangnam Style on repeat since 16:30.

Just realized :rofl:

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure weā€™ll both work to help eachother in every way we can :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CCP_Falcon and @CCP_Guard

1. Can you provide answers without a marketing focus, as in have you been given leeway to do so, or is this a core messaging excercise?

2. Can you get Robin to explain to us what an ā€œemergent dynamicā€ is? Just as a litmus test. Slight edit from earlier in ignore mode, do you think it would be a bad idea for a new owner to introduce himself? To others, I mean.

3. There is no question three, as questions 1 and 2 are the most straight arrows for checks & balances on everything and anything else said.

1 Like

Are there thoughts or desires to re-establish CCP as a 100% independent owned and operated entity?

@CCP_Falcon will the game die will it still be pay per month will it get more expensive to play ( if your not a carebear ) will it get cheaper what does this mean for the long term players like me that have played from day 1

Hey! I gotta go home to dinner but Iā€™ll drop in over the weekend and see if anything went unanswered. Keepā€™em coming if something is still unclear (apart from the precise details of all future events hehe)

1 Like

We got pizza for lunch. I had pepperoni. It was nice :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Glad to hear it, THANK YOU, and that she did.

Thanks again

Release the acquisition manifest, please!

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon and @CCP_Guard (scroll down for the question, this is just explanation/background)

With CCP Rattati (Game Director for Project Nova) elsewhere stating that he is convinced that both CCP and PA are well aware of cultural differences and that monetisation in one region works in different ways than in other regions, is this the actual line of thinking internally?

Reason I ask is because if so, then youā€™ve been had.

As PA has already demonstrated that they regard this as just marketing speak, both in their investor presentations as well as in their local publications and press releases towards their publishers, as the bottom line decides what is done.

Itā€™s even recently visible in their handling of US/EU publishers and the introduction of Asian types of deep monetisation regardless of repetitive public agreement (with both studios, publishers and customers alike) to not introduce in US/EU markets what they introduced in their home market ā€¦

So here is the question:

what does CCP think of PA saying one thing, but doing another. Consistantly.

I am reminded of Hilmar when he once gave us the advice to not watch what people say, but to judge what they do. Which makes this probably one of the most relevant questions asked.

3 Likes

He SOLD his shares, that means heā€™s out.

Iā€™m going to take off for now guys, but Iā€™ll answer some more questions tonight.

Going to go see ā€œThe Nunā€ and have the ā– ā– ā– ā–  scared out of me, hopefully. :rofl:

6 Likes

Is it right that PA acquired CCP because of a Jita scam?

1 Like

You can see the ā€œrules of acquisitionā€ on google. That should be enough:

The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.

5 Likes

Punctuation, bro. That paragraph made my eyes bleed.

Here: ā€œWill the game die? Will it still be pay per month? Will it get more expensive to play? (If youā€™re not a carebear) Will it get cheaper? What does this mean for the long term players like me that have played from day 1?ā€ - @captain-sum_tingwong

@CCP_Guard @CCP_Falcon
Falcon, you are saying the same thing over and over, that nothing(monetization wise) will change after the PA purchase but considering how did they lied to their playerbase, Iā€™d like to know, was ā€œdonā€™t touch eve monetizationā€ documented in the contract that was signed or were those just talks in a relaxed manner?

1 Like

Over the years Iā€™ve found the community rebellions against poor choices both entertaining and awe-inspiring.
I look forward to the future explosion of anger and hatred when PA starts meddling, and when they delete all these posts stating they promised now to. Anyone else with me? lol

3 Likes

Why didnā€™t you give the EVE ā€œc0mmun1tyā€ the chance to counter the offer through a Kickstarter campaign? Weā€™ve already selected a Board of Stellar Directors to step in and represent our interests.

1 Like