An extremely serious question about botting

Seriously, why is anyone surprised they watch the gates? Also it is still more effort than when they simply had to watch local, but the effect is the same if you jump into a system you are immediately spotted. The difference is that this doesn’t work for ships already cloaked in the system or ships coming from wormholes.

If you suspect some guy to bot simply place a few clocked alts in those systems and wait.

1 Like

“we’ll never be happy until nobody plays in nullsec anymore”

2 Likes

yes, are you surprised that software can be extremely good at detecting a gate activation and a player ship decloaking and entering warp compared to a human observer?

this is what we’ve been saying for years in response to all the “disable local to end botting” takes

1 Like

The common knowledge that goons are responsible for programming many of te bots and intel systems now enjoyed across the game, it doesn’t surprise me at all to see you playing this card. You cant just say kill the cheaters, because your institution requires you to maintain that status quo.

2 Likes

did you confuse ‘common knowledge’ with ‘made up nonsense’

5 Likes

bots

3 Likes

Well maybe Something Awful will actually succeed in destroying the game as one of their members boasted their actual intent was back in something like 2006.

I’ve always attributed that to their typical moronic behavior.

2 Likes

“We’re not here to ruin the game, we’re here to ruin your game.”

Is that the quote you’re thinking of? The one by a former Goonswarm CEO who later went on to work for, wait for it, CCP, and revamped their entire anticheat/antibot system?

2 Likes

“We’ll never be happy until nobody plays in HiSec anymore.” - Goons, circa forever.

Now that the shoe’s on the other foot, time to play victim eh?

1 Like

A view that high-sec is far too loaded with endgame content isn’t indicative of a desire to make high-sec unplayable.

“End game content” lol

What do you call fleets of 100m+ SP veteran players in pirate battleships pulling wormhole-level rewards from incursions in highsec?

People who have kept their skill queues active in the decade since Incursions dropped lol Is there some skill cap to living in HiSec? You hit X millions of SP and you must move to NullSec?

Incursions don’t pull WH income and you can get into Incursion fits in less than 3 months, depending on the group. “End game content” lol

Anymore examples you wanna set up so I can knock them down?

Tell me all about how you magically decided that EVE has an end-game, and how you’re the sole arbiter of what’s considered end-game content in EVE.

What incurions? You mean the already nerfed event that still produced same amount if isk but destroyed to 1/4 of the events spawns? And replaced with npc frig swarms? Nope, not really fixed that isk sink.

2 Likes

Goons have been whining about Incursions for years man.

No, you should not be forced to do anything when you hit X SP. But there is definitely a problem when (as was the case at least when I played more actively) most nullsec players fund their nullsec PvP with high-sec PvE, or (as is the case today) when nullsec players can print metric tons of ISK with supercap ratting. The solution to the former problem is not to limit highsec content to low SP players, and the solution to the latter is not to make nullsec impossible to live in.

“Endgame content” does not mean that the game has a set endgame. All it refers to is content that is, by consequence of design or the metagame, is effectively limited to high skillpoint players.

First of all, there aren’t even that many Incursion runners, and second of all… have you seen the numbers for ratting and mining income by region for the past few years?

Well like I said, you can get into an Incursion fit (depending on the group) within 3 months - no injectors. And you haven’t bothered to define “high skillpoint player”, you just made some statement about “100+ million SP players in battleships” as if that’s supposed to leave some kind of impression or lend credibility to the nonsense you’ve spewed for years.

Made up nonsense, goons #1 policy on the matter is snitches get stitches. I was in the CFC myself years ago, on the question of botting its closed ranks and no internal reporting shall be permitted. That word permitted being the operative one.

Just happened to see this on the old forums.

Goon are never serious, and if they are. Then they started doing their masterplan to kill EvE, like how they were supposed to do before they got in love with it.

Granted that quote was five years after I originally heard about it. Don’t remember the specifics beyond what this poster alluded to.

Their plan was to destroy Eve, but as said in thread, it was probably just mittens looking for some attention, as always.

1 Like

No input automation and no real money transfer.