Announcement: God has Given the Achurans Over to Destruction

We take spelling very seriously here.

2 Likes

You know what boggles the mind? Amarr loyalists carrying the Pax Amarria into war and battle. Just with the few little 'splosions I’ve found myself inexplicably entangled with in Mehatoor I’ve found three copies so far this year alone.

I mean… don’t they actually read the damn thing? Who takes a message of peace and harmony - however little I believe that was the actual intent, but that’s a different topic - and carries it into war and destruction? It’s downright profane. It’s ugly. It’s disrespectful to the message, to the man who wrote it, and to the supposed intent behind it.

It’s a pitifully sad day when the few people I know who actually respect the damn thing are enemies of the Empire, or of Minmatar blood.

3 Likes

It’s not even Scripture.

1 Like

Yes, enough to condone torture, mass execution and orbital bombardment.

2 Likes

Uh … Mr. Ixiris? You might be confusing the Pax Amarria with the Scriptures a little.

And then getting the Amarrian approach to the Scriptures a little wrong. They’re (1) not unchanging (for one thing I gather they include a geneology of Amarrian noble houses); I believe the Theology Council regularly reviews and approves additions and modifications (the Pax Amarria’s under consideration for inclusion at the moment).

They’re also (2) huge. Centuries and centuries of additions have resulted in … well, it’s not a tome. I believe it’s more like several large libraries. I’ve never seen a complete copy in print; come to think of it I bet someone’s got one of those and I bet it’s an amazing tourist destination. A place where you can stand and see the whole Scriptures laid out in hard copy would be something a lot of Amarr would probably love.

It’s way more common to find digital editions, with regular updates.

1 Like

Tales of the hunt for the infamous 62nd edition have been wildly overblown.

We only orbital bombard them when blooders are nearby too.

1 Like

LIES! There’s conclusive video evidence that the destruction of the Quafe Convoy last year was actually a covert Amarr Navy operation after it was discovered that the 62nd Edition of the Pax Amarria was secretly etched into the glass of the empty Quafe bottles on board those freighters!

2 Likes

Ok, blooders and Gallente.

5 Likes

Bombard us Gallente and we stop selling you hair product.

3 Likes

Who indeed.

Oh, excuse me. I mistook this for the Off-Topic thread for some reason. Please report this post as is appropriate.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.