Anti-Botting Ideas [Anomalies]

That idea has some serious flaws tho. Most notably that it will almost exclusively hurt smaller null-sec groups, those without extensive security umbrellas to protect them, and likely remove a large chunk of viable targets for casual hunting.

People living in deep null - large null-empire farming grounds - where they can isolate themselves from casual roams using gate camps, and protect themselves from WH groups and such using super-umbrellas, this wouldn’t really matter. This would only affect anybody living in null space close to empire space, or that don’t have the resources to drop supers to protect small-scale ratting.

Personally I live in such an area, which is roamed constantly and has local pests that are looking for targets to drop 24/7. The only reason I can rat at all is that I can do it in quick ships that can evade capture; if they catch me, I’m dead 100% of the time. - A mechanic that would stop me warping out of an anom for even a minute or two would not be an increase in risk it would essentially be a death sentence. I’d be replacing VNIs ever few hours, if I’m lucky.

If we assume my VNIs survived 3h on average. That’s 1h 40m to replace the cost of the VNI, plus maybe 100m in profit. - Would you rat for 3h for a 100m profit? I sure as hell wouldn’t. I could make more than that running T2 Abyssals in a ■■■■-fit Gila, with no risk and no feeding.

I’d probably switch to mining, as I can comfortably make 100m/hr doing that using my current alt army and T1 barges. It’s more tedious, but whatever. Still better than feeding VNIs for 35m/hr.

Why not just add gates to null sec anoms that doesn’t allow supers? or anything above battleships? Whatever you want. I used to love ratting in my carrier and I know others do too, so I’m not sure that’s fair to go down to battleships. Maybe only have Santums as a cap site? It would really put a dent in some of the major botting ops income stream.

The downside is you would not longer be able to hot drop a ratter, which would be another nerf to black ops play.

Could just re-balance the vexor navy to not have enough grid to overprop and then botting will be reduced by like 90% lol

-1 Too much ■■■■■■■■ and the fact is any mechanic that works on bots works on real players.

Let’s not get so obsessed with bots that we Fk up the game for real players.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.