Anything I could improve on my Myrmidon fit?

Here’s my fit

Myrmidon, Alpha PvE Fit
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
800mm Steel Plates I
Damage Control I
Capacitor Flux Coil I
Capacitor Flux Coil I

10MN Afterburner I
Large Shield Extender I
Kinetic Deflection Shield I
Thermal Dissipation Shield I
Explosive Deflection Shield I

200mm Railgun I, Iridium Charge M

Hobgoblin I x20
Hammerhead I x10

Anything I could fix? Thanks.

Dual tanking no no. Myrmi in most cases gains nice active armor tanking bonus. So swap 800mm plate for med size armor rep + eanm or specific hardeners. Med slots add tracking comp for drones and navigation comp to make your drones track things faster and more speedy. Thinking that you might be worried with your cap stability you may utilize in med slots cap battery and recharger + add couple of cap rigs along with armor rep rig.

3 Likes

And use at least meta mods. The purpose of t1 mods is to make t2 ones. The meta mods are for usage and drop in the upside down eject buttons- ermm wrecks.

2 Likes

Here’s an example of a fit mostly meant to be used in Amarr space against Blood Raiders and Sansha. Hands free defense recovery, able to scoot to hit gates in a reasonable time or to keep range up to lower incoming damage.

[Myrmidon, Shield Regen Fit]

Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Power Diagnostic System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

650mm Artillery Cannon II, Proton M

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Infiltrator II x5
Imperial Navy Praetor x4
Acolyte II x10

Proton M x3000
EMP M x3000
Explosive Deflection Field II x1
Kinetic Deflection Field II x1

Myrmidons are interesting in that even though they possess an active armor rep bonus they can be fit completely differently. Additionally as their only damage bonus is with drones they are completely free to use any weapon system of choice they can fit. Keeping a couple active hardeners around to swap resists to match the mission is perfectly reasonable. Projectile weapon ammo and drones can be swapped out to more closely match the damage needed for where you are.

2 Likes

I knew its coming :sunglasses:

OP, your fit.
Decide if you want to be shield or armor tanked and modify accordingly, combo fits like your rarely work well.

Drop the 800mm plate. Plates add EHP, for missions and most other PvE content in high sec EHP is useless, what you really need is tank measured as DPS.

Kynami Vaille posted a fairly typical shield fit for the Myrmidon so here is a somewhat typical twin rep armor fit that many players I know like.

[Myrmidon, Twin Rep Mission]

Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Empty - mission specific hardener or whatever else you want
Empty - same as above

Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Tracking Computer II
10MN Afterburner II

Empty - weapon system of choice
Empty - in all four
Empty - of these
Empty - empty high slots
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Medium Armor Maintenance Bot I x4
Change drones as you see fit. This load out is popular with players I know because of the in space repair capability it offers.

Even at minimum skills it should be cap stable with one rep running, the second rep adds a little extra cushion when things go wrong.

1 Like

My Raven was equipped with the following:

[Raven, Lvl 4 Raven]

HIGH
06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I
01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1
01 x SALVAGER I

MEDIUM
04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS
01 x ‘HYPHNOS’ ECM
01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER

LOW
01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL
01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I
01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I
02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I

DRONES
02 x WARRIOR I DRONES
03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES

UPGRADES
01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I
01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

A general tip:

Look at the strengths of your ship. Use your ship in ways that make use of those strengths.

Fully commit the ship to a single form of protection.

Don’t try to account for all the weaknesses in your ship - instead - think and plan ahead and don’t get into situations where your weaknesses will affect you. The only exception to this is resistance holes. Most armour ships have poor Explosive and Kinetic armour resistances. Most shield ships have poor EM and Thermal resistances. Patch up the ones you need, and don’t worry about the others.

A specific tip:

As people have pointed out, the Myrm is an armour ship that can sport a good shield tank. It is an exception to how most ships operate. Don’t let that mislead you.

1 Like

Has a fair amount to do with having near parity between mids and lows for slot count and a fairly good natural shield regen in the case of the Myrmidon.

However, being able to opt for either type of tank isn’t too uncommon for Minmatar ships. Also tends to be doable on EWAR vessels like the Celestis and Arbitrator if you are using them in PvE and thus not loading up your mid slots with multiple EWAR modules for debuff stacking.

1 Like

Or she has the opportunity to fit omni-directional tracking links and drone navigation computers without gimping the fit.

[Myrmidon, Twin Rep Mission]

Capacitor Power Relay II
Damage Control II
Shield Power Relay II

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Shield Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor I
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5
Federation Navy Hammerhead x5

Its better to swap CPR for PDU in low since its worth to have on purged fits

on the fit i linked?
would have less cap stability.

Why do you need cap stability?

its for mission running?
thats pretty much the norm

we got different definition of “norm” and that’s Myrmi fit is weak i.e. not the norm

Myrmidon has a nasty shield tank if you invest in a few purge rigs and more large shield extenders. If it’s for pve you can just get 2-3 large extenders/ 2 adaptive invuln field’s and tech 1 or tech 2 purgers. It reps like crazy. ez mode in highsec

Being cap stable is the norm when running missions, only the more experienced higher sp pilots deter from that ethos, and that in itself often depends on how lazy or afk they plan on being.

Cap stability is employed through out PVE combat fits, not just in missions but in ded sites and anoms in nullsec and jspace.

If you dont think this is the norm for pve you are incredibly mistaken, there are few exceptions to this general rule of thumb.

Yep, basically the one i linked but with more dda’s and an oversize ab, if you go full shield recharge and t2 purgers whilst downgrading or completely deleting the ab im fairly certain it can tank even level 4’s, its tank is similar to a drakes iirc.

I think someone linked another ‘variant’ with a mwd above too, though mwd fits are rarely stable people dont tend to use them in missions i believe, unless its a t3c of course but the bloom in sig and significant cap use… if you know what your doing with it they work though :slight_smile:

As the one who posted that MWD fit. Its cap stable and holds at over 50% while running anything but that MWD. While the MWD is up you have a few minutes of capacitor to play with. MWD is for blitzing or quickly forcing range open so the arty applies properly again as NPC transversal zeroes as they attempt to close range again. Great for when you need to blap a few elite frigates so your drones don’t get chewed up too hard. Especially when the elite frigates in question web…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.