Aqustin Agustus for CSM 19

Ever since I started playing Eve in 2015, I’ve been in love with J-space. From my first death in J-space, I knew that this was the deadliest, most hardcore way to play Eve. Not too long after this death, I joined Signal Cartel in hopes of learning more about wormholes. To this day, I attribute almost all of my skills in surviving in wormholes to what I learned during my time with them, and I am grateful to the good people in Eve-Scout who continue to provide their services to all capsuleers.

I’ve spent the last nine years filling the role of nomadic wormholer. I’ve been in quite a few different wormhole corps, most notably however would be the time i spent in Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters as they taught me the most about hunting in J-space.

Currently, I find myself with Spoopy Newbies. As a part of Brave, I’ve gotten the opportunity to grow much more than I ever have in any of my previous corps. I’ve just recently gotten my FC tags and am even leading my own content fleet for Brave. I’ve taught classes, made new friends, and gotten myself killed more times than I can count; and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

It is my knowledge and skills as a wormholer that I will bring with me to the CSM. We have all seen in the past that wormhole space hasn’t gotten the same level of love that other regions of Eve have gotten and I want this to change.

I want the rest of New Eden to see why wormhole space is so fun. Randomly generated content is one of the best ways to find fun in Eve, and I feel as though if this were expanded on through utilizing what’s already available with the core system of wormholes, the player base can grow and those of us who are playing now will have more content than they will know what to do with.

When you ask what you can expect from me as a candidate, there is one thing above all else that I will strive for; to maximize the fun/hr metric of as many players as possible. At the end of the day, Eve is a video game, and what’s the point of playing a video game if you’re not having fun with it? I’ve forgotten this myself at certain points, and it burned me out. Now, however, I’m having some of the most fun that I’ve ever had in my entire Eve career, and I want to spread that fun for everyone else to enjoy.

Embrace the unknown

Vote Aqustin Agustus for CSM

8 Likes

@Aqustin_Agustus Do you support hiring (EVE Vanguard) Warclone Mercenaries as an attack/defense vector in Capsuleer conflicts? Like attacking/defending Planetary Infrastructure, Skyhooks/POCOs and Upwell Structures?

As a CSM would you try and pitch for CCP to make stack multi-split (splitting a stack of items into multiple stacks of same size in one go instead of just on split at a time) happen?

1 Like

O7 Aqustin Agustus,

Last year I asked eight questions and then compiled the answers into a huge mega-thread. It was massive. With the exception of MILINT_ARC_Trooper, no one had a thread bigger than mine, to be fair MILINT_ARC_Troopers’ thread was so weighty and knowledgable it teetered on the edge of collapsing into its’ own core.

That catalogue of replies is now a time-capsule and encapsulated within are the hopes and disappointments that CSM 18 candidates considered worth speaking about during the year of EVE’s 20th anniversary.

The responses gave voters en masse an opportunity to test and compare each hopeful CSM 18 candidates commitment to their claims of being community oriented, knowledgable, responsive and representative of player values. Given that the CSM does not directly control any aspect of EVE’s development and that the successful candidates are those that can identify existing and future consequences, co-operate with other CSM members, and communicate issues -from a player perspective- to CCP staff one-to-one, I’ve formulated a set of questions designed to seperate the compressed ORE from the Long-Limb Roes in this years election race.

Year-on-year the Independent Representatives, Solo players with single accounts, Worm Holers, Triangle People, Semi-nomadic Role-Playing Sandbox Explorers, and Salvagers, have been organising and gaining traction against the self-secure Null-Bloc Empire Candidates and their vast hordes of leather-skinned, evil, flying-monkeys. More-and-more players are choosing to vote in members they believe can positively impact CCP’s approach to the game regardless of their in-game affiliations.

Exposure matters, who are you, what is your clue?
As was the process last year I will post each candidates reply in a super thread, first-in first-served.

This years questions:

1. What ONE identifiable consequence requires CCP’s attention?

2. What PROVABLE evidence can you supply to support your belief in this situation?

3. What practical, and balanced change can be made to support a solution if any?

4. What support do your observations have from other CSM candidates?

5. How will you present your findings to CCP?

If you have already identified and spoken about a problem in your CSM candidacy bio at the top of this thread feel free to copy pasta that response where applicable. I’ll copy paste directly from your response to this post. Choose your goblet…. wisely.

Let the games begin, and may the odds ever be in your favour.

1 Like

@Elinore_en_Divalone so i actually was able to play Dust 514 when it was out, and i genuinely think it could have been one of the best things to happen in eve, but the handling of it was poor. I haven’t had the opportunity to play vanguard, but I would support further integration into capsuleer conflicts so long as a proper integration is done and not just trying to make a standalone game that doesn’t have any real impact in new eden.

I absolutely love the thought of multi-split, and I don’t understand why that isn’t already a thing. I consider myself a utilitarian oriented person and that would be a change that I personally want to see added.

1 Like
  1. The single consequence that requires CCP’s attention right now is the wildly harsh change recently made to skyhooks.
  2. My corp, before the skyhook change, rage rolled daily and almost always had available skyhooks to rob. Since the Skyhook changes, our success rate with not only attacking skyhooks, but just finding any withing our available time zones has dropped significantly. While the ISK loss can’t be denied, the most important loss was the dramatic decrease in available content from alliances that would form to respond to our thefts.
  3. The solution has already partially been implemented to skyhooks with the secure and unsecure reagents bay. The update went too far with shifting the advantage away from attackers, however, and adding in a small raid window has effectively shut down skyhooks as an open to the public content source and has turned them into strategic targets of war. The best solution now is to roll back the time zone restrictions and adjust the ratio of secured and unsecured reagents based on their market impacts post change.
  4. Frozen fallout in his CSM campaign post, mentioned the overreaction to skyhook changes that I’ve brought up here, and shares my opinion on the role that skyhooks should play as a source of content and this is a sentiment that is shared among many people in the Eve community, not just people who play primarily in Nullsec.
  5. The short term economic impact shows a trend of possible panic trading, and this was highlighted by The Oz in his September 27th report. As it stands, the long term economic effects would be presented after enough time has passed to allow for market orders to stabilize to the new changes. This, however, does not reflect the impact on available content, and presenting this will have to be primarily done through direct community feedback over the next few months on how both alliances and smaller groups have adjusted to the new raiding changes.
1 Like

I like the anti-ganking proposals in your program in order to fix highsec. I am voting for you.

1 Like

Glad I can count on your vote :smiley: