[ARC] Large and Heavily Damaged Drifter Fleet Encountered in Hive Complex

And this, in your mind, was not done before?

Since their emergence, in fact?

4 Likes

So far, not a single one of their gate-scanning fleets have survived even a single day of operations soā€¦ no, it has yet to be attempted by ARC. Suiciding their crews into the drifters have so far been the only demonstrable response ARC has shown to these fleets.

2 Likes

You want to let a demonstrably hostile force scan assets in our space? Oh, ok.

No.

2 Likes

On the contrary, recently they have been demonstrably peaceful

2 Likes

Our memories do manage to somehow miraculously stretch back more than a few weeks. Get your implants checked, Capsuleer.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s demonstrably hostile about scanning things harmlessly? They arenā€™t opening fire on anything that isnā€™t shooting them first, or those weird necrophiles carrying corpses around. They have been demonstrably harmless so far. Other capsuleers are quite demonstrably vastly more dangerous on those gates than the Drifters are.

2 Likes

They have exhibited similar activity in the past. Going as far as, if memory serves me right - aggressing entosis-carrying ships that travelled through a stargate.

What weā€™ve seen so far from those fleets that wind up on gates exhibits more similarity to the remains of a rout, rather than an organized operation.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re peaceful provided you ignore all the times they arenā€™t peaceful.

Please move shitposting to designated area.

2 Likes

So there are objections to a shoot first and ask questions later philosophy? Hmm, interesting and mildly hypocritical.

1 Like

Indeed, hence why they should be studied to see what happens next. Are they there just to be disposable scanbots of some kind? Are they fulfilling any specific task and what happens if they fail/succeed at it? Do they go anywhere else if they maintain their vigil with no findings? And so on and so forth. Thereā€™s an endless array of questions that could potentially find answers if only a little patience was displayed.

2 Likes

And on top of that, if you so object to ARC, why did you actively donate to them?

3 Likes

I donated to their actual scientific endeavors. ARC showed a lot of promise, which is why itā€™s disappointing to see it turn into just rabid frothing ā€œkill them all!ā€ mentalities without a care for neither the potential consequences of such unbridled aggression nor the potential lost opportunities for further study and potential discoveries.

Edit: Iā€™d continue donating as well, but only if it could be earmarked only to certain aspects of the research, and ensuring none of it goes towards this psychotic rampaging against harmless fleets.

2 Likes

Our engagement with Drifters isnā€™t new. Donā€™t feign ignorance.

2 Likes

Drifters have been marked as hostile forces due to previous unprovoked engagements. Just because they are not currently shooting doesnā€™t make them not hostile. Enemy ships are valid targets in war regardless of their weapon status. And as far as Iā€™m concerned this is a state of war.

1 Like

Awright then: Trii, go do that.

(You kinda walked into that one).

2 Likes

Different field of battle. I started objecting when pissing the Drifters off over the heads of our damned people started happening. We can just clone when ā– ā– ā– ā–  goes sideways, our people sure as hell canā€™t. That is not the time nor place to start provoking more doomsday barrages.

2 Likes

M Ormandā€¦ Iā€™m concerned about what youā€™re saying and its validity while you said you were present ā€œat the last engagementā€. I have been running some personal contacts, unfructuous I admit, and thus for hours on the last 2 events. I never saw you on the field. I remember to have seen you only in Rens.
So far I also encourage you to read more accurately this thread about your concerns of Concord. They still consider Drifters a threat as, hope the person who said it will forgive me of not remembering who it was, it has an effect on security status.

This thread should be interesting, with many sides giving advices and different views, but sadly I can only say that Iā€™m disappointed to see how this is only a pure ranting one. Absolutely not helpful in any way. Itā€™s just poluting IGS. iā€™m not used to be so aggressive and I hope people will forgive me but enough is enough with such behavior. You should be all better than what you show us here. Again apologies for my behavior on this point as Iā€™m not used to this, Iā€™ll try to work on this too.

Edit : as M Ormand pointed it it was in Sirppala, not in Rens that Iā€™ve seen him. Place wasnā€™t the right one but facts are still valid concerning the last 2 places.

1 Like

I forgive you for not being used to being aggressive. Iā€™m sure you can get better at it.

2 Likes

Oh so itā€™s because ARC shot Drifter fleets in Minmatar space without asking your permission that has got you so turbobuttblasted.

Well thatā€™s perfectly understandable.

I for one would be perturbed if armed forces fighting enemies of civilisation stepped on my peonies as they crossed my garden.

5 Likes

I was not at rens I was at sirrpala

2 Likes