[ARC] Large and Heavily Damaged Drifter Fleet Encountered in Hive Complex

How many datavaults do you have?

2 Likes

I haven’t forgotten who you are, or who you represent. I will not treat publicly with you.

2 Likes

How many datavaults do you have?

10 Likes

There are not enough cigars on this planet for me to properly enjoy the ensuing mental gymnastics that are about to take place.

2 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face::smoking:

2 Likes

Hilarious conversational sparring aside, for those who have not yet got their hands on a datavault of their own, I would suggest caution on any information you may receive from others.

You never know who might be lying to you for their own gain.

Furthermore, this kind of information sharing request is usually aimed at those you have working relationship with, and usually with some kind of tit-for-tat exchange.

Asking for valuable information for your own convenience is a rather incredible level of arrogant.

Stare at your triangles like everyone else.

5 Likes

Mm. So unguarded.

1 Like

We have indeed provided information over official galnet channels regarding recent decoding efforts.

King regards,

Soter

1 Like

So you would offer a single page in exchange for the whole book?

1 Like

… wait, groups are withholding their results and means from each other in this stuff now? So much for ‘existential threat’ if the prestige wankery is taking a higher priority than progress and sharing information.

5 Likes

With due respect, pilots, please.

Let’s not be petty.

Mr. Soter, I can assure you that ARC will do its best to release a translation key at some point in the near future. Unfortunately, I don’t believe we’re in a position to release one yet. We’ll keep you apprised.

6 Likes

I believe there is a phrase somewhere about ‘good will’ and ‘information sharing for the benefit of mankind’ somewhere in the vocabulary of major scientific institutions.

I would point out that for at least a year or two I was involved in the Seyllin Conferences which published vast amounts of information publicly… without this kind of display.

As part of our very existence as an organization, as are unable to participate in High-security status conflicts. So we are willing to lend a hand here, in a supporting role.

3 Likes

Results are being published. Methods not yet.

Besides your group seemed up to the task on it yesterday. I have every faith in the pilots of the Federation to solve a simple cipher.

1 Like

Thank you, Makoto. Very reasonable. I understand… my own scribblings are a bit embarrassing at the moment. https://twitter.com/Julianus_Soter/status/973892963846811648

I look forward to future updates.

1 Like

You think straighter with Starsi running in those veins than Quafe, Soter. Take it from me :smiley:

2 Likes

None taken!

I had my fun…

1 Like

This is for all the false scientists and false pacifists in here. Regards for the insults to my intelligence.

1 Like

Let’s not be that paranoid at this point. Whatever these… vessels are, they obviously don’t like Drifters, just as many of us don’t like them. We have our reasons for that. But if they are busy shooting and removing Drifters, presumably from locations they gather, then they probably will cooperate and who knows, maybe even communicate.

On the other hand, maybe these new entities are also trying to communicate with the Drifters and these data vaults may be messages from them to the Drifters. I could be completely wrong here, that is just a suggestion.

Sure, we gotta be prepared, but let’s not view these new entities as an immediate threat, just yet.

1 Like

Not only is it petty, but your iconography is off.

That said, that you’re evidently feeling disrespected after accusing us of genocide and, well, raging at us for not being as passive as you’d like… at this point? It feels like a compliment.

Best of luck with your ventures.

5 Likes

You still haven’t presented counter evidence for how you aren’t commiting genocide. And I am feeling a little petty since my intelligence has been insulted. About as petty as the ur gay pwned post from earlier that was directed at me.

2 Likes