[ARC] Large and Heavily Damaged Drifter Fleet Encountered in Hive Complex

The transliteration of that phrase was never directed at you in making, it was just onhand after I worked a bit of my own magic following some of our work on day 1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why, sir, does your ridiculous claim of genocide merit consideration?

3 Likes

:crown::grey_question:
:face_with_raised_eyebrow::interrobang:

3 Likes

Do you not attack a species relentlessly if theybsre hostile or not? Since their incursion into our space they have done nothing that wasnā€™t safeguarding of their tech or their lives. I will give you that at first you needed to learn how to fight them. That is reasonable since they had just killed the empress and launched an incursion. They have been peaceful since then and you continue to kill them without provocation, wherever you find them. If you have the end all be all evidence that will change my mind, show me, and I will be ready and able to fly and fight against the drifters. But nobody here has offered any convincing arguments except you are bad and you should feel bad. Iā€™m looking for evidence. I know you donā€™t really care about that anymore but i still do. The evidence shows that the drifters showed up on our doorstep, peaceful, and damaged. You kill them still, at every turn.

2 Likes

Here are some images that I took with my camera drones, while observing the event.

I can confirm that multiple communication attempts were made, by representatives from the formed ARC fleet. I guess they were concerned with the large numbers of the Drifter fleet, as usual, so they destroyed most of them, but left one alive and another communication attempt was made, this time with a string of the strange symbols that were found in the data vaults. No result. The vessel was completely silent.

As much as I would like to see some positive results in the communication with the Drifters, and given the fact that they do communicate when they want (impersonating Dr Tukoss in the past), I believe that if they wanted to communicate, they would have done so already.

2 Likes

Communication isnā€™t the only answer. The options arenā€™t talk or die. You can observe them, watch what they do. See where they go. Observation is very important.

3 Likes

Believe me, thatā€™s exactly what we did for a LONG time before the Drifters began exhibiting their now-regular tremendously heightened aggression.

3 Likes

Now regular heightened aggresion? Are you serious? They are literally doing nothing until you start shooting and even then cease fire by the end.

2 Likes

I dislike when people use ā€œliterallyā€. Of course they are doing something. They are flying in space. That is something, right? Or they are harvesting corpses for experimentation. Or scanning ships. Refusing to answer communications. If you want to be with them so much, donate your corpse to their science. Iā€™m sure they would ā€œliterallyā€ appreciate it.

4 Likes

I will refer you to my coded message above

2 Likes

I could refer you to a lot of things. Lessons on how to be more mature from my seven year old daughter, for one.

5 Likes

Iā€™m simply emulating the individuals here. When I asked how they decoded the cipher, I was met with a ā€œhintā€ which said urgaypwned, and I was met with insults to my intelligence. My entire time here I have stated my arguments, and I have been waiting for someone to make better arguments or present better evidence that will change my mind. I am met with being called a troll, the items stated above, and refusals to answer questions, and if I get answers they are usually hypocritical, and when I call them out on it, they run away. If I am seen as being petty now, it is simply a reaction the response I have gotten in this channel of supposed scientists. You are sitting in an echo chamber and refusing to see the other side and refusing, or are unable, to present counter evidence.

2 Likes

What, do they wobble menacingly perhaps?

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s it. Id better be careful. If my mining barge lazily lists in a direction ARC may show up and gank me.

1 Like

Why would ARC risk low standings and being shot by Concord to gank your little mining barge? Bigger fish to fry, and all that.

1 Like

Apparently not if you would give up science for the dank lootz

1 Like

I for one love dank spoils. Especially at the expense of these corpse defiling freaks.

1 Like

As is your right. I have been studying you and I know you now. I may not agree with your views but i respect you for being honest and for not being a hypocrite.

3 Likes

I must say I respect your passion to persuade us not to gun down these bastards.

I mean that sincerely as I wish to redirect that passion to a greater cause of kicking them out of our space.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been way out of the loop on this with other projects, but watching this footage at 31-33 seconds; There appears to be a segment of another file/view/analysis about 1/3 the way down that looks like some kind of scan on a vessel. Has this been noted in other files? It seems that the image is fragmented across these few seconds, would compositing the fragments together give a clearer image perhaps?

On a side note, for your cryptographers to be able to map the trinary characters to the standard output from the translator module would imply the Drifters are using an existing language (current or historical), but simply with a different character set.

1 Like