Are Asteroid Collision Boxes Still Over-Sized?

FYI, Aiko is famous enough that her various forays in high sec ganking or low sec combat (or null sec as well) draws a lot of attention. Generally displaying behaviors that yes, the player behind Aiko can adapt to whatever the circumstances arise. The game can change and there’s a good chance she’ll still be there, waiting for players like you and I.

The same cannot be said for you. I said it before: if these asteroid hitboxes are fixed, there’s no guarantee that you would then never complain about the next thing that causes you to quit the game instead of adapting. You are not displaying a trait that indicates you would stick through the challenges that Eve provides “as is” – which can change over time. You have a proven track record of complaining and quitting, compared to the demonstrable perseverance of the person you’re questioning. If, supposing you were still playing Eve, CCP changes the game in a way that adversely affects you, I can totally envision you joining the chorus of “I’m quitting Eve” foot-stomping forum spam that happens with every major patch.

This line made me laugh out loud. A person can dream!

1 Like

He tried to set up a trap, demanding that someone state whether or not they would be adversely affected by a change to this mechanic.

1. If they answered no, he would cry, “It must change, because nobody objects!”
  2. I answered yes, so he cried, “You oppose change, because you cannot adapt!”

This is a “false dilemma”. It is false because there is not actually a choice between 1 or 2, there is also the possibility of:

1. CCP has other priorities, and crying isn’t going to change anything.

and

1. He wants change, because he cannot adapt!
4 Likes

I cannot adapt to healthy food, I demand change! NOW!

I mean it…

It’s not a work around. It’s just good old fashioned common sense. WHY are you ‘travelling through asteroid belts’ when you can very simply make multiple bookmarks above or below the belt that you can warp to from the station ? Are you really…seriously…warping to the asteroid belt landing point every time ? Not only is that a sure fire way of getting ganked by any ganker who warps there too, but it also wastes your time travelling from that point to the asteroids.

The asteroids are all the same every time. So just save bookmarks and warp to them. Then no ‘travelling through the asteroid belt’ is required at all !

Aiko has zero advantage over anyone who applies good tactics. If I mine, which I do less and less of these days, I always do so at the far end of any system she might arrive in. I make sure the distance to the nearest station is less than the distance Safety will have to travel from their arrival gate. I mine above the asteroid belt, and with a clear and unobstructed view to the station. And Aiko even gives you an advantage in that her name will appear right at the top of the list in Local…which of course I keep a constant eye on.

Some say use d-scan, but in fact by the time gankers appear on d-scan it is probably already too late.

Most good corps have ganker intel. When I’m in my Absolute Order account I have intel of Safety coming from half a dozen systems away. Sometimes I’m the person providing that intel.

Adapt to eating Protein Delicacies as they are nutritious and come in many flavors along with being produced by one of the Caldari mega corporations. You will stop going to those fancy restaurants to consume your sort after Long-limb Roes And You Will Like it!

Sound familiar? That is what a Miner hears from the Ganker Agent who is demanding that they adapt to a set of rules & ISK for a Permit!

I say do what you like in New Eden and eat what you want and as much of it as you can!

It’s basically impossible to get ganked.

Anyone who gets ganked, they made a serious mistake. People who do well in EvE recognize that fact, and support ganking - crybabies whine and moan and complain and quit. That’s the way it has always been, and always will be.

2 Likes

I don’t doubt that some players have achieved notoriety from trapping miners against obstacles that can’t be seen. Predators excel when they can employ an unfair advantage.

Here’s something that’s a problem with the game. It’s obviously a problem yet it goes unfixed and supported by some players: If a person plays a free-flight space game they should be able to fly freely in space. In this game you can’t.

Tout your superiority, belittle all you can. At the end of the argument, my statement is true and will remain that way.

This issue has existed since the game began, they aren’t ever going to fix it…

There’s always some risk. Your guys at Uedama and Isanamo generally ignore me…I suspect they’ve scanned and figured my Gnosis is very high EHP ( it is ). But my scout goes ahead and tells me how many of you there are. I never ever see haulers doing what I do…park at Sivala…send a scout ahead. Haulers just head straight for the Uedama gate, get ganked, and then complain that its all so unfair, when they could have returned half an hour later and found Uedama ( or wherever ) empty as your guys have moved on.

And why do Absolute Order miners keep on getting ganked in Isanamo despite the fact that AO has intel ( often provided by me…that’s what I am doing when I wizz through in a shuttle ) that lets them know Safety are coming from half a dozen systems away.

Understood. Thank You.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.