Are Asteroid Collision Boxes Still Over-Sized?

That’s right, I outmaneuver you fools, because I know how to navigate the belt and you don’t. Your incompetence is my success.

I see. So now it makes sense. You couldn’t catch someone if they could fly freely in space but if the game randomly throws out barriers to your quarry and slows them down, then you can destroy them. You need this added advantage to pursue your goals.

Got it.

Yep, the asteroid belts are difficult to navigate.

Those who have the skills will benefit, that’s the game!

Have fun!

No wonder you’ve been arguing with me. I knew their had to be a reason that you’d take a position that runs counter to intuition.

You just want to play the game on easy mode.

Fortunately, CCP doesn’t listen to you.

“Yep, the asteroid belts are difficult to navigate.”

Yes. Yes they are.

Know what makes them REALLY hard to navigate? When you can’t see the barriers that stop your ship dead in space. That makes it really hard.

Seems to me that maybe that’s an unfair advantage for the predator.

Do you think you would kill as many players if they weren’t caught unaware by an invisible barrier?

I’m sorry that you are trash and unable to do well in EvE Online.

:tipping_hand_woman:

Oh well!

That’s not very nice talk.

All I’ve done is illustrate my position about a game mechanic that ruins my experience.

That’s too bad, I’m sorry that your experience is ruined!

:upside_down_face:

You don’t have to be sorry. You didn’t program the game the way it is. Although, I will say that by opposing my recommendations you provide cover to the people who should be considering it as a fix.

But according to you, you need those invisible barriers to kill other players so I understand.

I see you totally ignored my solution, above. You do not need to fly THROUGH the belts at all…bumping into every asteroid. If you had any skill as a pilot you’d know how to fly above or below them. That’s literally the very first thing I do when ratting ( or when I occasionally mine ). Rats love to hide behind the asteroids, and as you arrive in the plane of the asteroid belt you will thus bump into the asteroids as you approach. It doesn’t take more than a few seconds to adjust your course so you fly under or over the asteroids. Problem solved !

1 Like

You are wasting your time trying to help the crybabies.

They don’t want to learn - they want to whine.

Thank you for the work around and taking the time to try help.

This sounds snarky but it isn’t meant that way: I don’t want a work-around.

I played enough to know exactly how I want to mine. It worked fine until the update. I loved the idea of getting rid of those hokey semi-circles of asteroids. The new asteroid fields looked great! Soon I realized that making workable fly-bys was impossible due to those collision bubbles. I understand that collision detection has a huge cost. But if eve is a game in which you fly through SPACE. Then the player should be able to fly through space. All of space should be navigable.

I would LOVE an easy solution like simply allowing players to toggle the wire frame collision bubbles on or off. I feel certain that the wire frames already exist in a programmer’s debug mode. I’ll bet that allowing players to see them wouldn’t take ONE programmer more than two or three days to implement.

If you followed the thread you may have noticed that the gankers are in favor of what inhibits the miners. In truth, I think it’s the miners that deserve to have a level playing field. Not the hunters.

All IMHO.

Again, thank you for trying to help me. I am honestly thankful and am sorry that I am unable to accept your solution.

I’m sorry but there is nothing for me to “learn” about this issue. I’m not interested in a work-around. If I can see a gap in an asteroid field, I’d like to be able to fly through that gap. That doesn’t require any “learning.” It requires a solution to over-sized yet invisible collision bubbles. If the bubble can’t be made to fit the model then perhaps they could simply display the bubbles so miners can avoid them. That very logical and sensible statement seems to have you all upset. You’ve been calling me names and questioning my abilities which seems a bit rude to me. All I want is for the game to be better.

Clearly!

:roll_eyes:

If I’m playing a free-flight space game…I’d like to be able to fly freely in space.

It just isn’t going to change.

I know you’d prefer an unfair advantage but a request to be able to fly through an asteroid field without hitting an invisible collision bubble is a fairly logical and honestly humble request.

You might ask yourself what about that request makes you call someone names, deride their abilities and be so rude.

Is there any chance that maybe it’s YOUR abilities that you question instead of mine? Is it possible that you might not be able to do as well without an unfair advantage?

That would be called “projecting.” It’s when you take something you don’t like about yourself and try to assign to someone else. You fear your own self-worth would be damaged and that without an advantage you couldn’t do as well so you claim that somebody else is a bad player for not wanting to submit to that unfair advantage.

Could that be it?

You can cry all you want.

The game isn’t changing for you.

Deal with it, or keep crying.

What do you mean the game isn’t changing for me? Aren’t there updates from time to time? I’m pretty sure there are. In fact it was an update that ran me off from the game. So if the game can change in a way that I don’t like, why can’t it change in a way that I DO like?

I’m not trying to be mean but I think that what you wrote is silly. These forums are just loaded with suggestions and I’ll be that tons of them were implemented through changes to the game.

No, I’m pretty sure that the game COULD change to something I’d like again.

Did I change your mind on this issue?

You can keep crying.

Nobody will stop you.