Arena

i explained already

you said

and i said

but them you said

and i disagree with that

@tutucox_Khamsi See above. LUCK wins everything in the short term (did I get a kite vs brawler matchup, or a brawler vs brawler, or a kite vs kite?!) and then it devolves into only 2 possible options for ships to ever get wins - which makes it not a 1v1 frigate arena but a 1v1 ‘only these ships are viable’ arena where money wins the day (who can afford the bling ships to maximize range damage, and the boosters, and the injectors to max skills) not player ability.

Please explain how this is not broken as a concept.

ok i realize that a kiter with more speed in the mwd will beat a brawler
thats why you dont see scram brawlers in the arena
thats why catalists almost never won the 4 dessys ffa
i agree that its broken
im just saying IF ccp continue with the arenas IMHO cruiser and frigates 1v1 would be the most fun TO ME

You would find the already solved meta of 1v1 frigates fun? No real question of what you would face, just a half-dozen iterations of the same 2 ships, tweaked slightly based on pilot preference - just the same fight over and over and over…

Sounds awful stale to me.

1 Like

and even in the more broken 4 dessys ffa the players that used the best ships dragoon/algos/trasher with the best fits well won the most
to say its all luck is diminish their efforts
and do you realize that a dessy was going for 30 million fitted and this guys were expending hundreds of millions a day to get good?
say its luck is bad imo

edit:
btw i won 3 times in a coercer 6/10 it was ok

edit2:
forgot the corax , never saw in the first day but pretty strong after day 2

I never said the FFA isn’t broken. How the FFA works is irrelevant to this discussion. How a 1v1 arena would work is the topic - and it would always devolve as outlined above based on current arena mechanics.

ok im tired
imo i would like frig / cruiser / dessy 1x1
its all i have to say , and i already said it
o7 have a wonderful day

Take care, and have fun out there.

1 Like

Just make sure that the juice is worth the squeeze.

Claiming support for a feature, then using it once or twice and never touching it again, would be damaging to the game due to wasted resources and derailed development.

1 Like

That’s the problem I have with this, EVE combat, in and off itself, is nothing to write home about.

This is the same in so many areas and a major reason why they should not turn EVE into a bunch of “rides”, the rides as a standalone thing are not great.

A little late for that, don’t you think? It’s already been wasted.

Adding a frigate mode will take about an hour of dev time. Hardly the end of the world.

2 Likes

This should be a forum sticky.

For the resource part, yes. But the development component is much more intricate.

They might judge written support in a favorable enough light to make arena-related features a primary development track. Then we’re going to start getting “EVE arena practice versus bots” mode, and “EVE team MOBA” mode, and other such rubbish, and no one’s ever actually going to fix important issues with the core game itself.

I bow before your superior game development expertise.

1 Like

It’s a wise and prudent decision.

This whole discussion is really to melt down to one simple fact…

Some people,especially some bittervets simply do not WANT any kind of change they did not had as they were noobs…

Change and any new idea is the enemy and will be fought with teeth and claws…

They act like a child in the grocery store that throws itself on the floor because mummy did not buy the candy bar…they don’t WANT…because THEY DON’T WANT…

It’s so sad to see that mummy always give in…

1 Like

I like how even after a year of first seeing your posts, you are STILL this bad at reading comprehension. Bittervets aren’t against this solely because it’s “change”. Bittervets are against it for a specific reason that was mentioned many times in this thread.

Despite that, you still can’t understand the reason (because you don’t have personal experience in it) and have yet again reverted to the hilarious claim of “you don’t like change because change is scary!”, despite everyone against this change giving out the exact reason why they don’t like it.

We don’t want the solved rock-paper-scissors mechanic to be introduced to the game in the form of a 1v1 frigate arena because we already know exactly how it’ll end up.

1 Like

See?

WE don’t want…

But YOU are not the majority of eve,you just see yourself as some kind of elite that has to decide something…

Simply shut up…

2 Likes

Do keep in mind that by this time, the argument has changed from whether or not we should have arenas, to how we can at least improve them to make them make some sense.

If you can do it on your main, and in-game, then that’d be very much appreciated.

Lets be real, the people who want this can’t compete in real EVE, asking for this is a kind of excuse. If they actually get it they will have some other excuse.

This thread should be merged with the AFK Cloaking thread, both are at the root Pixel Cowardice

1 Like